These Super Crispy Garlic Parmesan Potato Bites are such an easy side dish to make any time of the year! They are coated in olive oil and oven roasted for 30-35 minutes, making for the perfect potato bites – crispy on the outside, light and fluffy on the inside!
SUPER CRISPY GARLIC PARMESAN POTATO BITES
Don’t be fooled by how ‘super crispy’ these potato bites are. They are baked, not fried. The true secret is in how you coat, as well as cook, the potatoes! There are many ways of making the crispiest of potatoes. No method is ever, truly wrong. It’s all in what a person prefers when it comes to their potatoes. Me? I prefer mine extra crispy on the outside and light and fluffy on the inside. To me, that is the perfect potato.
I have always been one to pick out the crispiest fries in a batch. You know the ones that have that little extra CRUNCH?! Yep. Those are my favorite ones. Which explains my desire to create these Super Crispy Garlic Parmesan Potato Bites.
So if you’re a fan of crispy, fluffy potato bites or fries like me — then you are going to love this recipe!
CHOOSING THE RIGHT POTATO
Making these Super Crispy Garlic Parmesan Potato Bites is a breeze thanks to the star of the show: the red potatoes! Why red potatoes over other potatoes?
- They crisp up the best when it comes to baking.
- They are the easiest to slice.
- No major scrubbing or potato peeling necessary! Don’t make dinner any harder than you have to!
HOW TO MAKE THESE POTATO BITES
I am all about simplicity in my kitchen when it comes to meals. Not to say that I’m not willing to go the extra mile for a flavor-packed meal, but the simpler the better. Right?
So let’s get to making these bites so that you can start crunching away!
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper (see link below under ‘Tools Used’ for my favorite parchment baking sheet recommendation!).
- The key is to slice bite-sized wedges. Slice the red potato in half, then each half into thirds or fourths (depending on the size of the red potato).
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine the olive oil, parmesan cheese, and seasonings. Mix well. Add the cut potatoes and toss to thoroughly coat.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes – checking every 10-15 to stir. Remove and enjoy! Serve with your favorite condiment. Mine is always ketchup or mustard!
Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that if you choose to make a purchase via the link provided, I will earn a commission. This commission comes at no additional cost to you whatsoever. I recommend these products because I have tested them and find that they are helpful and worth the cost; not because of the small commissions I make if you decide to make a purchase.
TOOLS USED TO MAKE THESE POTATO BITES
Wilton Non-Stick Cookie Pan – my favorite baking sheets for just about anything!
Reynolds Cookie Baking Sheets – great parchment paper baking sheets that you can pull straight from the box, without worrying about measuring or cutting.
Pyrex Glass Mixing Bowl Set – cheap, simple and easy to use mixing bowl set that I use with just about any recipe where a bowl is needed!
Jenaluca Herb Scissors – these 5-blade kitchen shears became a game changer in my kitchen when it comes to chopping fresh herbs for a recipe! I no longer get out a cutting board and knife and mess with getting finely chopped herbs. These scissors chopped easily and quickly! Very easy to clean, too. You need these – promise!
You can’t deny that crispy perfection! Now can you?? You are going to love these Super Crispy Garlic Parmesan Potato Bites – not just for how crispy they are, but for the flavor that is coated on them! Guaranteed to win over the kiddos, too!
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE THESE POTATO DISHES
- Crispy Baked Garlic Parmesan Potato Wedges
- Easy Roasted Sweet Potato Bites
- Crispy Loaded Garlic Smashed Potatoes
- Garlic and Basil Sweet Potato Stacks
- Taco Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
Super Crispy Garlic Parmesan Potato Wedges
Crispy on the outside, light and fluffy on the inside - just the way potato bites or fries should be! Easy to make and sure to be a crowd pleaser - even with the kids!
- 2 lbs red potatoes, cut into 2" slices
- 2.5 tbsp olive oil
- 1.5 tsp minced garlic, approximately 3 cloves
- 1/2 tsp salt, more or less - to taste
- 1/8 tsp black pepper, more or less - to taste
- 3 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1.5 tsp Italian seasoning
- freshly chopped parsley
- grated parmesan cheese
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Slice potatoes in half, then slice each half into thirds or fourths, depending on the size of the potato.
To a medium bowl, combine olive oil, parmesan cheese, minced garlic, and seasonings. Mix well.
Add the cut potatoes to the bowl and toss to thoroughly coat.
Pour potatoes onto the prepared baking sheet and spread the potatoes out evenly, leaving a space in between each.
Bake for 30-40 minutes, checking every 10-15 minutes to stir/flip with a spatula to allow other sides to brown. Time will be dependent on how thickly cut the slices are, as well as how crispy you prefer your potatoes. I took mine out at 35 minutes.
Sprinkle with freshly chopped parsley and additional parmesan cheese.