Crispy Baked Garlic Parmesan Potato Wedges – the best potato wedges you will ever try! Crispy on the outside, flaky on the inside, and flavorful throughout thanks to the garlic parmesan seasoning! No tricks or extra work!
So simple you’re going to love them.
Making seasoned potato wedges at home is a lot easier than it always feels like. Yes, it will take a bit of time – more so with the baking, but I promise it’s well worth the effort put in! Plus, it costs a great deal more to buy those frozen bags of pre-made fries or wedges. So if you’re already going to be cooking in the kitchen, then it’s no sweat to toss these into the oven to bake while you’re prepping the rest of your meal.
Wedges are a favorite in this house, but I know I am not the only one that can say that. I am pretty sure it’s a personal/family favorite held by many. Right? I have made these wedges so many times in the last month that I am uncertain if I can willingly admit how many times. Just know it has been a handful! They are easily justifiable as a side to any meal – not just burgers. Hence the several times I have made these this month.
The best part about these super crispy wedges? They are baked – not fried. There are no huge tricks or tasks. No parboiling and no soaking! My trick? Slicing them relatively thin (approximately 1/2 an inch in thickness) and dabbing them with a paper towel once sliced.
That’s it. Promise.
Dunk-able and Delicious!
These Crispy Baked Garlic Parmesan Potato Wedges are so easy to make, you are going to love it. And possibly make them as much as I have in the last month.
As soon as you start making wedges this crispy, easy, and delicious – you won’t ever spend the extra time slicing fries or buying those frozen, pre-made wedges again!
Tips for slicing:
- Slice the potato in half lengthwise to make two halves.
- Take each of those halves and slice them down the center again.
- If your potatoes are on the larger side, eyeball the two halves to see if it would be best to either slice them into thirds or fourths.
- Aim for half an inch thickness, keeping the thickness the same so that they bake evenly.
Spice Things Up!
Once you have sliced the wedges, you can season them however you prefer. I do recommend trying it out with this garlic parmesan seasoning first. The end result will be perfectly crispy, delicious and flaky potato wedges that will become a favorite at your dinner table.
Looking for more delicious side dishes or baked recipes?
- Baked Crispy Spicy Chicken Nuggets
- Easy Cauliflower Broccoli Egg Fried Rice
- Crispy Loaded Garlic Smashed Potatoes
- Sweet and Spicy Sriracha Wings
- Garlic and Lime Cauliflower Rice
Crispy Baked Garlic Parmesan Potato Wedges
- 4 medium russet potatoes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt (more or less, to taste)
- 1/2 tsp black pepper (more or less, to taste)
- 1.5 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 2/3 cup grated parmesan cheese (divided)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Spray a large baking sheet generously with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- Slice each potato in half lengthwise. Then slice each halve into two halves*, creating four slices per potato. *See notes for large potato slicing and thickness.
- Place each slice onto a paper towel and dab them firmly to remove any moisture released from slicing.
- Toss the wedges into a large bowl. Add the olive oil and toss to thoroughly coat. Next, add in 1/3 cup parmesan cheese and seasonings. Toss well to coat all wedges.
- Place into the oven to bake for 12-13 minutes. Remove, flip each wedge to ensure it crisps on both sides, and bake for an additional 12-13 minutes. Time will be dependent on how thickly cut your wedges are, as well as how crispy you want them. I bake for approximately 35 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, garnish with remaining 1/3 cup parmesan cheese and freshly chopped parsley (optional) and serve immediately with your favorite dipping sauce.