Easy Cauliflower Broccoli Egg Fried Rice – a restaurant-style inspired recipe, but on the healthy side! Made with cauliflower and broccoli in replacement of rice. Only 233 calories per serving! Very easy to make, minimal ingredients, and can be on your table in 15-minutes. Fulfill that comfort food lover in you, but without the guilt!
If you’re reading this, you’re more than likely a fried rice lover. And I can’t say that I blame you! Fried rice or any form of Chinese takeout is amazing.
What’s not amazing? The spike in calories, fat, sodium, and I could go on. Shall we mention the tightening of the waistband during such indulging meals? I know, I know. Some of you are saying, “Worth it!” or “Cheat Meal Treat!” Or is that just me? Hmm.
But what about those cravings you get at the most inopportune times? You know, when you’ve got a super slimming black dress to wear to a wedding or banquet. Or it hits you right before vacation and you’re thinking about the bikinis you just bought.
That’s why this recipe is perfect for you! Not only does it satisfy your cravings, but you don’t have to worry about not fitting into that dress or feeling your best no matter what you’re wearing!
This Easy Cauliflower Broccoli Egg Fried Rice recipe is the perfect swap for the traditional fried rice. Not only does it deliver on flavor, but it is easier to make than you think!
What makes this recipe so amazing is the fact that it is packed full of veggies! Broccoli, cauliflower, edamame, peas, carrots.. oh my!
Easy Cauliflower Broccoli Egg Fried Rice
- 1/2 medium cauliflower (approximately 3/4 pound)
- 1 broccoli crown (approximately 1/2 pound)
- 1 red bell pepper (or any color)
- 1 10 ounce bag of peas and carrots (frozen)
- 1 cup edamame (frozen)
- 1/4 cup yellow onion (diced)
- 4 cloves garlic (minced)
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce (or coconut aminos)
- pinch salt (optional*)
- pinch pepper (optional and to taste)
- Additional soy sauce (to taste preference)
- sea salt (to taste preference)
- Sesame seeds
- scallions (chopped)
- Cut the caulilfower and broccoli into small florets, add to food processor and pulse until they have both reached a rice-like consistency.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium-heat with 1 tablespoon of sesame oil.
- Once heated, add the onions and garlic. Saute until tender - approximately 3-4 minutes.
- Add chopped bell pepper. Allow to cook 3-4 minutes.
- Once the vegetables have softened a bit, push them to the side. If need be, add a teensy bit more sesame oil to the bare side of the skillet to warm.
- Add the eggs and stir to break the yolk. Allow to cook through.
- Add the peas, carrots, and edamame to the skillet once the eggs have cooked and allow to cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the last tablespoon of sesame oil to the pan, stir well, and mix in the cauliflower/broccoli "rice".
- Stir the mixture well to fully incorporate the oil and allow to pan fry for 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the soy sauce, pepper, and if you prefer - additional salt.
- Serve warm.