Mozzarella Parmesan Baked Tomato Slices – juicy, plump tomatoes that are baked with a delicious blend of olive oil and seasonings and topped with a combination of parmesan cheese and mozzarella cheese.
Super simple snack or side dish to make in 10-15 minutes! Great over toasted bread with mashed avocado!
I am a firm believer in making life as simple as possible. I’m not a fan of overly complicated dishes or recipes, so it will be rare for you to find one on my blog. I prefer to keep my kitchen stress-free. Who’s with me??
That is exactly what this recipe is. Stress-free. Simple. Delicious. It pairs well with any toasted bread (don’t forget the avocado) or served with runny breakfast eggs!
Is it just me or does a tomato go with basil like peanut butter goes with jelly? Let’s not forget the mozzarella cheese. Which just sounds like a caprese meal if we’re honest. Which explains how this recipe came about considering the amount of caprese recipes on my blog. Just don’t forget the balsamic glaze!
The Baked Mozzarella Parmesan Tomato Slices make for the easiest, most flavorful appetizer or side dish you can make.
Full recipe with directions can be found via the recipe card below. Scroll down! 🙂
- Tomatoes – large and firm
- Olive oil
- Salt, pepper, onion powder, and garlic powder
- Parmesan cheese
- Mozzarella cheese
- Lightly dried (or freshly chopped) basil
THAT. IS. IT. That is how simple this recipe is! Just a handful of ingredients and 15 minutes of your time from start to finish.
HOW TO MAKE THIS SIDE DISH
Making these Mozzarella Parmesan Baked Tomato Slices is super simple!
- Place each tomato slice onto a prepared baking sheet.
- Brush each slice with the olive oil and seasonings.
- Top with parmesan cheese, mozzarella cheese, and basil (or parsley).
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until the cheese has fully melted and is starting to brown.
Serve these tomato slices with sliced avocado and toasted french bread slices as an appetizer at your next party!
MORE SIMPLE RECIPES TO TRY
- Easy Sheet Pan Breakfast Potatoes
- Creamy Chicken Zucchini Enchiladas
- Simple Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas
- Taco Stuffed Zucchini Boats
- Garlic Butter Pesto Avocado Toast
STILL HUNGRY? FIND ME ON:
FACEBOOK | TWITTER | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST
Mozzarella Parmesan Baked Tomato SlicesPrint Recipe Pin Recipe Rate Recipe
- 4 large tomatoes, (firm (beefsteak tomatoes))
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp salt, (more or less, to taste)
- 1/8 tsp black pepper, (more or less, to taste)
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garic powder
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 4 oz shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 1/2 tsp lightly dried basil, (or parsley)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Remove the stems and slice each tomoato into 1/4" (or larger) slices. Depending on the sizes of tomatoes used, you may end up with minus or plus 12 slices.Place each one on the prepared sheet pan.
- In a small bowl, combine the olive oil, salt, pepper, onion powder, and garlic powder.
- Brush the olive oil mixture over the top of each tomato slice.
- Sprinkle approximately 1 teaspoon of grated parmesan cheese over the top of each slice.
- Top with shredded mozzarella cheese and basil (if preferred).
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until the cheese has melted and started to bubble.If desired, turn the broil on for 1-2 minutes - long enough to brown the cheese.
- Serve right away. Enjoy!