If you’re looking for a delicious, healthy snack to curb your appetite or even compliment your next egg yolk, then try this Garlic Butter Pesto Avocado Toast! This recipe comes together in 5 minutes or less and is beyond flavorful!
RECIPES MADE SIMPLE
Snacks and breakfast options should be simple. Right? Life is much too crazy and hectic come Monday mornings. The last thing we want, need, or should worry about is what we are going to grab before or while we are running out the door. So keep it simple!
Adding avocado to toast is not just a fancy new way to eat your toast. It’s a healthy and nutritious way to up your breakfast game. This recipe is easy to make and can be ready in 5 minutes or less, making it the perfect grab and go option!
THE POSSIBILITIES ARE ENDLESS
I honestly wouldn’t even call this a ‘recipe’ for how simple it is, with minimal ingredients required! But don’t think for a second this is some mere avocado mashed over a slice of toasted bread. No. No. Nooo.
This is avocado toast stepped up to a whole new level of flavor! You can have this for breakfast with your eggs, as a midday snack, or considering the flavors – you can serve it with your next pasta dish.
Pasta dish, you say?? With avocado? Absolutely.
INGREDIENTS NEEDED FOR THIS RECIPE
- Your favorite bread – any kind!
- Medium or large avocado
- Unsalted butter
- Minced garlic
- Pesto sauce
- Lightly dried parsley (fresh will work, too)
- Broccoli sprouts
- Cherry tomatoes
- Lemon or lime – juiced
- Salt and pepper
- Shaved parmesan cheese – or your favorite cheese
That’s it. You can swap out any of the ingredients listed above for your favorite items or with what you already have at home. Get creative!
- Swap the butter for hummus.
- Don’t care for pesto? Omit it!
- Add your favorite toppings if you’re not a fan of tomatoes or shaved parmesan cheese.
For example: roasted red bell peppers, chickpeas, a hard boiled egg, blue cheese, everything but the bagel seasoning, etc. The options are completely up to your taste bud preference!
All that matters is that you try it and get creative with it. Sometimes the best meals don’t come from a recipe, but from randomness that you find in your fridge or pantry and throw together.
MORE AVOCADO LOADED RECIPES TO TRY
- Creamy Chicken and Avocado Pesto Zoodles
- Loaded Avocado Caprese Salad with Shrimp
- Cajun Lime Chicken Avocado Corn Salad
- Bacon Egg and Avocado Breakfast Bagel
- Lemon Shrimp and Avocado Caprese
- Cucumber Avocado Corn Salad
What are some of your favorite avocado toast concoctions? Let me know in a comment below!
STILL HUNGRY? FIND ME ON:
FACEBOOK | TWITTER | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST
Garlic Butter Pesto Avocado Toast
- 2 slices whole wheat bread, (or bread of choice)
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter, (melted)
- 1 1/2 tbsp basil pesto
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 medium avocado, (peeled and pitted)
- 1/4 tsp salt, (more or less, to taste)
- 1/8 tsp black pepper, (more or less, to taste)
- 1/2 lime - juiced (or lemon) (more or less, to taste)
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, (halved)
- 1/4 cup broccoli sprouts
- 2 tbsp shaved parmesan cheese, (or your favorite cheese)
- lightly dried or fresh parsley, (optional, sub with basil )
- Toast 2 slices of your favorite bread in a toaster until lightly browned and crispy. Or until desired doneness.
- In a small mixing bowl, mash the avocado with the salt, pepper, and lime juice.
- When the toast is ready, combine the melted butter, pesto sauce, and minced garlic. Brush over each slice of toast. Top with the avocado mixture.
- Garnish each toast with tomatoes, sprouts, parsley, and shaved parmesan cheese. Best eaten promptly.