Looking for an easy, yet delicious, breakfast meal prep option? Then try this Sweet Potato Breakfast Meal Prep idea! Fluffy, cheesy scrambled eggs, scrambled turkey sausage, and everything bagel seasoned sweet potato rounds.
BREAKFAST MEAL PREPPING
Have you ever prepped your breakfasts? If not, what are you waiting for?? Cook for the week or 3-4 days and allow yourself to sleep in tomorrow morning! Meal prepping breakfast helps to not only relieve some time and stress in the morning, but also ensures that you are eating the most important meal of the day!
If you’re someone who wakes up last minute and grabs a muffin or bar as they are heading out the door, what are you doing? Why aren’t you prepping a more filling and delicious breakfast to grab on the go? This Sweet Potato Breakfast Meal Prep is not only easy, but much more filling and satisfying than a boring protein or breakfast bar.
Meal prep, grab as you’re running out the door and reheat – it’s that simple!
INGREDIENTS NEEDED FOR THIS MEAL PREP
Full recipe can be found via the printable recipe card below. Scroll down! 🙂
- Ground turkey sausage (can be substituted with beans to make this more vegetarian friendly.)
- Bell pepper
- Minced garlic
- Sweet potatoes
- Salt and pepper
- Everything bagel seasoning (from Trader Joes)
- Strawberries (or fruit of choice)
If you’re vegetarian, you can always omit the ground turkey sausage or swap it with black beans or pinto beans to replace the protein source. My husband on the other hand loves sausage with his eggs, so when I prep these for him during the work week – I always make them with sausage. To keep things on the leaner side, I opt for ground turkey sausage over pork sausage. It is lower in fat and so long as it’s seasoned and cooked correctly, you won’t be able to tell the difference from traditional pork sausage.
You can also use pre-cooked sausage (such as sausage links) for this meal prep, if that’s what you prefer or have on hand. I do recommend chopping or slicing them and adding them to the pan to crisp up with the bell pepper and onion for additional flavoring. They won’t take quite as long to cook as raw turkey/pork sausage.
Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that if you choose to make a purchase via the link provided, I will earn a commission. This commission comes at no additional cost to you whatsoever. I recommend these products because I have tested them and find that they are helpful and worth the cost; not because of the small commissions I make if you decide to make a purchase.
RECOMMENDED TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT FOR MEAL PREPPING:
I have been meal prepping meals for myself and my husbands lunches for years. You learn what works best for you as you go. Everything is learned and adjusted with experience, right?
Here are a few of my favorite items to meal prep with that are not only easy to use, but also eco-friendly and dishwasher safe. Because with meal prepping, you do increase the amount of dishes you use. So, it is essential to have easy to wash items, right?
Meal prep containers: I prefer to use glass, as they are not only dishwasher safe, but reusable and make less of an impact on the environment.
- Glass Meal Prep Containers with 1 Compartment: I love these for meals that are for either hot or cold meals. They are perfect for meals like Chicken Fajita Salad Meal Prep, Sweet Sriracha Chicken Bowls, or Healthy Garden Chicken Salad Meal Prep.
- Glass Meal Prep Containers with 3 Compartments: Perfect for meals that you want to keep the fruit or salad separate from other ingredients. Or if you want to keep sauces, dips, etc divided.
Both of these glass containers are freezer-friendly, dishwasher safe, and safe to be heated in the microwave.
Other items that I recommend adding to your meal prepping to make life a little easier for grabbing on the go:
- Salad Dressing Containers: Great not just for salad dressing, but sauces, hummus, condiments, cheese, or nuts/seeds. These are 1.2 ounce containers, so they don’t hold a great deal, making them perfect for portion controlling.
- Cutlery Set: Can’t forget this set! Comes with a spoon, fork, knife, and chopsticks. Making this set the perfect set to grab and have on hand for any meal. Stop using disposable plastic silverware and be more eco-friendly with a reusable set!
They are dishwasher safe, BPA-free, and comes with a plastic carrying case!
OTHER MEAL PREP RECIPES YOU WILL LOVE
- Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Meal Prep
- Turkey Pinwheel Meal Prep
- Egg Muffin Breakfast Meal Prep
- Grilled Chicken and Hummus Meal Prep
- DIY Deli Style Protein Box
Sweet Potato Breakfast Meal Prep
Everything Bagel Sweet Potato Rounds:
- Everything Bagel seasoning, (from Trader Joe's)
- 2 small sweet potatoes, (sliced 1/4-1/2" thick, skin on or off)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 8 large eggs, (whisked)
- salt and pepper, (to taste)
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/3 cup extra-sharp cheddar cheese, (freshly shredded)
Ground Turkey Sausage:
- 1 lb ground turkey sausage, (sliced or broken into chunks)
- 1 green bell pepper, (diced)
- 1/2 small yellow onion, (diced)
- 1/2 tbsp minced garlic
- salt and pepper, (to taste)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 4 cups strawberries
- sliced scallions/green onions
- red pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. To a large bowl, add the sliced sweet potatoes and drizzle with the olive oil. Toss to thoroughly coat.
- Coat a baking sheet generously with nonstick cooking spray. Arrange sweet potato rounds into a single layer, evenly spaced out.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes, flipping halfway and adding the seasoning. Bake last 9-10 minutes.
- While the sweet potatoes are cooking, place a large nonstick pan over medium heat. Spray with nonstick cooking spray and add the sausage (pre-sliced or crumbled), peppers, onions, and minced garlic. Cook until sausage is no longer pink. Remove from heat and divide among 4 glass meal prep containers.
- Lower the heat to medium-low. To the same pan, add butter and allow to melt. Once the butter starts to bubble, add the whisked eggs. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Using a rubber spatula, make consistent swirls through the eggs as they cook. This will ensure they cook thoroughly and more quickly. Once the eggs are close to being fully cooked, remove from heat. They will continue to cook in the pan. Add the shredded cheese to melt.
- Divide the sweet potato rounds and scrambled eggs among the 4 glass meal prep containers. Add cherry tomatoes to the side and strawberries to separate plastic bags.
- Garnish with scallions and red pepper flakes (optional).Store in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days.