Super quick and easy Chicken Avocado and Cucumber Caprese Salad is the perfect salad to toss together when you’re on a time crunch or simply looking for a refreshing change to your salad game!
This Chicken Avocado and Cucumber Caprese Salad will become your next healthy habit. Not just for how quick and fool-proof it is to put together, but for the delicious flavor combination. The great thing about this recipe? It can easily be a no-cook recipe!
I used cubed chicken breast that I cooked myself – which I will list in the recipe below. But to make it even easier to toss together, you can always used pre-cooked/meal prep chicken or rotisserie chicken.
This recipe came about after a long, tiring day and as I was crawling into bed. I kept thinking of the what I had in my fridge that needed either eaten or used. I had leftovers from my Lemon Shrimp and Avocado Caprese, as well as some vegetables that needed eaten. Thus this refreshing and easy salad came to mind! I swear, the joke in our house is that I’m always thinking about food.
There’s no denial here. I’ve come to terms with my obsession. Most ideas (for anything in life) come to me when I’m laying in bed. Which has prompted me to keep a small notepad and pen on my nightstand. If I don’t, my ideas or random brainstorms disappear upon waking. Anyone else do this?
Sometimes you just need a meal or recipe that doesn’t require much effort or thought. Especially after a long and tiring day. Or those days you simply don’t have the time to put into a hard cooked meal. Sadly, during those times – bad decisions can be made and before you know it the delivery guy is at your door ringing your bell with some delicious Chinese takeout.
So why not make it quick, simple and healthy?? That’s what you get with this Chicken Avocado and Cucumber Caprese Salad.
- As stated above, you can simplify this recipe even more by replacing the chicken below with precooked rotisserie chicken.
- I love this recipe with freshly squeezed lemon juice over the top. It adds to the flavor.
- This recipe makes 4-6 servings. If it is not going to be eaten in one sitting – I suggest adding the avocado as you eat it, as avocado turns rather quickly.
The best part about this recipe? You can have it as a salad, a side dish or toss it into a few romaine leaves to have as lettuce wraps!
And if you’re not a fan of balsamic glaze, you can omit it and enjoy the salad with freshly squeezed lemon juice, a drizzle of olive oil, and salt and black pepper to taste.
If you enjoy this recipe, then you will love my:
Chicken Avocado and Cucumber Caprese Salad
- 1 lb boneless (skinless chicken breast, approx. 2 medium breasts)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- Pinch of sea salt (to taste)
- Pinch of black pepper (to taste)
- 2 avocados (peeled, pitted and cubed)
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes (halved)
- 1 in large cucumber (sliced lengthwise and thenslices, or 2 medium)
- 8 oz fresh mozzarella pearls (or sliced mozzarella)
- 1/4 cup fresh basil (chopped)
- Juice of 1/2-1 full lemon
- tsp Salt and black pepper (to taste - I used approximately 1/8-1/4of each)
- Extra basil (chopped)
- 1/4 cup balsamic glaze
- 6-8 leaves romaine (if having as lettuce wraps)
- Place a medium, nonstick pan over medium heat with olive oil. Wash the chicken breast and pat dry. Once dry, slice each breast into small cubes (or keep whole and shred when cooked and cooled). Toss with garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Add the chicken to the pan and allow to cook for approximately 6-7 minutes. Or until cooked through.
- While the chicken is cooking, slice the avocado, onion, tomatoes, and cucumber. Add to a large bowl.
- Remove the chicken from heat once cooked. You can add the chicken while still warm or add it when its cooled. I prefer it somewhere in the middle or cooled.
- To the bowl, add the chicken, mozzarella, and basil. Add in the salt, pepper, and lemon juice. Toss to coat.
- Drizzle with the balsamic glaze and enjoy!
I love this recipe with freshly squeezed lemon juice over the top. It adds to the flavor.
This recipe makes 4-6 servings. If it is not going to be eaten in one sitting - I suggest adding the avocado as you eat it, as avocado turns rather quickly.
If you're not a fan of balsamic glaze, you can omit it and toss this salad with 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper (to taste).