This Cilantro Lime Shrimp and Avocado Salad – a light and refreshing salad that is packed full of tender, zesty bites of shrimp, diced avocado, and tons of fresh vegetables!
This will become your go-to meal or dish this summer – whether to make as a personal meal or for upcoming festivities with friends and family. It is very easy to make, made with the freshest ingredients, and can be made in minutes. The perfect low-calorie meal or side dish if you’re looking for something healthy and filling.
CILANTRO LIME SHRIMP AND AVOCADO SALAD
This Cilantro Lime Shrimp and Avocado Salad is made with wild caught shrimp, black beans, and the freshest ingredients – avocado, tomatoes, red onion, corn from the cob, and sliced cucumber. All tossed in a zesty cilantro lime dressing.
It is very simple to make, whether for a meal or as a side dish. The light and refreshing cilantro lime dressing will captivate your taste buds interests from that first bite. The best part? You can enjoy seconds without the guilt! Trust me, you’re going to be way too overjoyed by this salad not to enjoy a second helping.
When you add avocado to a dish it automatically becomes the star of the meal. Right? Well, maybe that’s the case when you’re an avocado fanatic (like myself). I could be wrong. But when it comes to this meal – shrimp is the absolute star, making this entire salad over the moon delicious.
With that being said, I have to stress… let me reiterate that: I HAVE to stress, that in order for the shrimp to be such a mega star, you need to get the right kind of shrimp. Whether fresh or frozen, I highly recommend using wild caught shrimp. Please do not buy farm raised or little shrimp. It matters when it comes to flavor!
If you’re not a shrimp fan, I do recommend swapping this out for chicken. I recommend the marinade ingredients and instructions for the chicken in my Cilantro Lime Grilled Chicken Naan Wraps recipe. OR you can simply omit the shrimp all together and enjoy a refreshing vegetable salad! Either way you go – you’re going to love it!
I’m not sure what I love most about this salad. The fact that it is made with fresh ingredients, the flavors, or simply because it is so easy to make. Considering one of my goals for this year is to increase my vegetable intake, I think this is a keeper as it helps me hit that goal!
This salad is good for approximately 1-2 days in the refrigerator. Due to how quickly avocados turn, it is best to be eaten as soon as it’s made. Although the extra lime juice will help slow down the oxidation process (spoiling/turning brown) of the avocado. Keep that in mind as you’re adding lime juice. A little extra goes a long way – not just in flavor, but for leftovers.
- Use fresh cilantro and freshly squeezed lime juice for maximum flavor. The old saying, “Fresh is best!” applies here.
- Corn: using freshly boiled/grilled corn is recommended, but due to the seasons – frozen or canned works well, too. Just be sure to thoroughly drain if you used canned.
- I recommend using an english cucumber over traditional, but this is a simple preference of my own. It will not affect the flavoring at all.
- As mentioned above: whether fresh or frozen, I highly recommend using wild caught shrimp. Please do not buy farm raised or little shrimp. If you use frozen shrimp, be sure to thaw it in the refrigerator and then drain any excess water/juices that remain.
- Be sure to make sure which shrimp you are using – raw or cooked. Raw shrimp will appear greyish in color, whereas cooked shrimp will be firmer and pink in color. Also make sure that your shrimp is peeled and deveined before tossing together! This recipe calls for cooked (pink) shrimp.
INGREDIENTS NEEDED TO MAKE THIS CILANTRO LIME SHRIMP AND AVOCADO SALAD
The full recipe with directions can be found via the printable recipe card below. Simply continue scrolling. This list is just to give you an idea of what you’ll need to make it! 🙂
- Wild caught shrimp
- Limes – for juicing and serving
- Fresh cilantro
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Seasonings: salt & pepper
- Vegetables: corn (from the cob, frozen, or canned), cucumber, tomatoes (any kind), red onion, black beans, & avocados
- Minced garlic
That’s it! A handful of ingredients to make the most delicious Cilantro Lime Shrimp and Avocado Salad you’ve ever had!
This is one of my most popular blog recipes for a reason. Make this and thank me later!
MORE SALADS TO TRY
- Honey Lime Fruit Salad
- Creamy Cucumber Avocado Salad
- Loaded Avocado Caprese Salad with Shrimp
- Healthy Garden Chicken Salad Meal Prep
- Easy Mediterranean Chickpea Salad
Cilantro Lime Shrimp and Avocado Salad
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice ((approximately 2 limes)*)
- 1 tsp. minced garlic ((approximately 2 cloves))
- 1/4 cup freshly chopped cilantro (packed)
- 1 lb. wild caught jumbo shrimp (cooked, peeled and deveined, chopped, 16-20 count)
- 1/2 cup corn
- 1/2 cup black beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes (halved (approximately 12-14))
- 1/4 cup sliced red onion (more or less to taste)
- 1 in large english cucumber (sliced lengthwise and thenhalf (or 2 small seedless cucumbers))
- 2 avocados (peeled, pitted and chopped)
- black pepper (to taste)
- pinch freshly chopped cilantro (aor two will do)
- Lime juice (optional - to taste)
- Combine ingredients for the dressing into a small bowl and whisk together until combined.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients until the 'Additional Ingredients' section, tossing in the chopped shrimp and avocado last.
- Add dressing to the shrimp avocado salad, tossing to coat. Serve immediately. This will keep in the fridge for up to 2 days, but is best when freshly made.
- Optional: add garnishment, to taste, of additional black pepper, lime juice, and cilantro.