One Pan Cilantro Lime Chicken Thighs – simple to make, healthy, bursting with flavor and absolutely delicious! Great for your weekly meal prep or as an addition to any wraps, salads, or sandwiches!
Best part of this recipe? Only uses one pan – which means an easy clean up!
Have you ever created something that had you walking back to the stove/counter to have seconds or maybe thirds?
Ok, fine. Fourths here. I won’t lie. I was so delighted by this creation that I am looking forward to remaking it in various ways and recipes. So be on the look-out for those! Having already devoured this, I can only imagine what a chicken breast sandwich or slider would be. Oh my.
And how can you deny that delicious marinade sauce? Maybe even top this with my Avocado Corn Salsa?
Sometimes the best concoctions come when you’re hungry, are too tired to go to the grocery store so you’re scrounging around for whatever is in your refrigerator and cabinets, or have already devoured a dish. But that’s ok! There’s always a remake the following week, right?
So maybe a Chicken Slider Sandwich topped with Avocado Corn Salsa for next time? 😉 Definitely worth trying I’d say! It’s 9am and I already have a hankering to try it. But when am I not hungry or thinking of food? I think we are all guilty of that.
Hmmmm…. perhaps that will be a recipe post happening in the near future?!
We shall see!
Even when you slice into it, its juicy! Now, how can your taste buds ignore that?! Mine simply cannot.
In my honest opinion, cilantro and lime mesh so well together. Much like peanut butter and jelly, chocolate and peanut butter, salt and vinegar… I could go on. It’s just one of those combinations that satisfy your taste buds.
Aside from those delicious juices, the prep time is yet another fantastic thing about this recipe. It will take you less than 10 minutes to get everything around for the marinade and tossing it into the refrigerator to marinate overnight. It’s so easy, you’ll wonder how something so delicious couldn’t cause you cooking grief!
Toss it all into a bad and let it marinade!
I added asparagus, as well as chopped red peppers to my dish, but feel free to add the vegetables, or even potatoes, of your choice!So what are you waiting for? Get in the kitchen and start marinating that chicken!
One Pan Cilantro Lime Chicken Thighs
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice*
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1/2 tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
- 4 cloves garlic (minced, approx. 2 tsp.)
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/3 cup roughly chopped cilantro
- 1 lb boneless (skinless chicken thighs)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 12 asparagus spears (chopped*)
- 1 bell pepper (chopped*)
- Sesame seeds (optional)
- Chopped cilantro
The night before:
- Combine all ingredients for the marinade in a small mixing bowl. Stir well.
- Place the chicken thighs into a ziploc bag (or airtight container) and pour approximately half the marinade over the chicken. Shake/toss to combine thoroughly. Pour the other half of the marinade into an airtight container.
- Refrigerate both overnight, or a minimum of 2-4 hours. Best when done overnight!
The next day:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Heat olive oil in a cast iron skillet, or oven-proof skillet.
- Once the skillet is heated, add the chicken breast. Allow to cook 4-5 minutes before flipping.
- After you've flipped, add the chopped asparagus and chopped bell pepper.
- Cook until the spears are partially tender, partially crisp (or soft, depending on your preference).
- Flip the chicken one more time and then add the remaining marinade that was set aside the night before.
- Cook for 4-5 minutes. Lower temperature to a simmer for 1-2 minutes.
- Place the skillet into the oven to bake for approximately 6-8 minutes. Switch over to broil, on low (if desired), for 2-3 minutes, to crispy the top.
- Remove and handle skillet with care. Serve with your favorite pasta, rice, or quinoa. Be sure to spoon any extra sauce overtop each chicken thigh upon serving to maximize flavor!