If you’re looking to change up your meal prep routine, then this Chicken Fajita Salad Meal Prep recipe is for you! Chicken breast, bell peppers, garlic, and onions – all tossed in olive oil and seasonings and roasted to perfection on one sheet pan.
Easy to make, easy to prep for lunches or dinners, and a simple clean up.
Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that if you choose to make a purchase via the link provided, I will earn a commission. This commission comes at no additional cost to you whatsoever. I recommend these products because I have tested them and find that they are helpful and worth the cost; not because of the small commissions I make if you decide to make a purchase.
SHEET PAN + MEAL PREP
Both are lifesavers in my opinion. Sheet pan recipes, like Easy Sheet Pan Breakfast Potatoes, are wonderful because everything comes together and cooks on one pan – saving you the effort of washing any unnecessary pots, pans, or dishes. More often than not, the only other tools you need are a cutting board and knife. Maybe some mixing bowls. Ideal meal in my opinion. Especially when you’re meal prepping for the week. Prepping items for the week brings about many dirty pots and pans from cooking. Sheet pan meal prepping helps simplify that.
Having your meals prepped ahead of time keeps you from standing in line on your lunch hours with the possibility of ordering something you know you shouldn’t. It is also more cost effective to create simple, healthy meals like this at homeCreate a sheet pan recipe that can be used as meal prep? Even better! Meal prepping takes enough time as it is on Sundays. Why use many more dishes than you have to in order to cook your meats and your veggies? With a sheet pan meal, the only dish you truly require is the pan itself.
INGREDIENTS NEEDED FOR THIS RECIPE
- Chicken breasts
- Spices – chili powder, onion powder, smoked paprika, salt, pepper, cumin, garlic powder
- Olive oil
- Veggies – bell peppers (any color), garlic, and onion
- Fresh cilantro (for garnishment)
- Lime wedges
- Flour tortillas (or corn if preferred)
- Black Beans
- Lime wedges
- Creamy Cilantro Lime Sauce
- Romaine lettuce, chopped (can substitute with chopped iceberg lettuce)
- Greek yogurt (or sub with sour cream)
- Cherry tomatoes
- Avocado Mash: avocado, lime juice, salt and pepper, chopped jalapeño
MY FAVORITE MEAL PREP ESSENTIALS:
I find that using meal prep containers are essential for prepping for the week. Having individual containers that are portion-controlled and ready for grabbing on-the-go are essential for success. Here are a few of my recommendations:
- Bento Box Glass Meal Prep Containers – these are great for many reasons: they are reusable, eco-friendly, and good for keeping ingredients (wet and dry) from mingling together. If you want to keep your meats separate from your vegetables, fruit, or sauces – the dividers in a bento box work splendidly.
- Glass Meal Prep Containers – traditional, open compartment with no dividers that work well for a salad or single meal that needs heated up.
If you’re not a fan of handling or worrying about glass when leaving home, you could try these circular meal prep bowls or these single compartment containers – both are BPA-free, as well as microwave/dishwasher/freezer-safe.
Other items to consider for packing with your prepped lunches or dinners:
- Salad Dressing Containers – work well for dressings, sauces, nuts, seeds, cheese, or herb garnishments. The options are endless and these are small enough that they work great for additional portion-controlling!
- Silicone Straws – not only are they reusable, but they are earth-friendly! They fit into a 30oz tumbler, are dishwasher safe, and they are bendable/flexible!
- Arctic Stainless Steel Tumbler – great for travel, for work and they keep hot beverages hot and cold beverages ice cold for a long time!
- Cutlery Set – great to pack in your lunch box or meal prep bag. They wash well and have their own case to keep them together.
MORE MEAL PREP IDEAS TO TRY:
- Chicken Fajita Salad Meal Prep
- Easy Protein Bistro Snack Box
- Grilled Chicken and Hummus Meal Prep
- Turkey Pinwheel Meal Prep
- Healthy Garden Chicken Salad Meal Prep
STILL HUNGRY? FIND ME ON:
FACEBOOK | TWITTER | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST
Chicken Fajita Salad Meal Prep
- 1 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- Fajita Mix:
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breast, (sliced 1/2" thick)
- 1 red bell pepper, (sliced 1/4" thick)
- 1 green bell pepper, (sliced 1/4" thick)
- 1 orange bell pepper, (sliced 1/4" thick)
- 1 medium red onion, (sliced 1/4" thick)
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 6 cups chopped romaine
- 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt, (or sour cream)
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, (halved)
- 2 small limes, (sliced into wedges)
- 1 medium avocado
- salt, (to taste)
- 1/2 jalapeno pepper, (finely diced)
- 1/2 small lime
- 1 cup corn, (cooked)
- 1 cup black beans, (cooked)
- 1/2 cup Creamy Cilantro Lime Sauce
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Combine the ingredients for the seasoning into a small mixing bowl and the olive oil and minced garlic into a separate small bowl/ramekin.
- Layer the chicken, peppers and onion strips onto the baking sheet making sure to create a single, evenly spaced layer.
- Drizzle the chicken mixture with the olive oil and minced garlic, tossing everything with a spatula to thoroughly coat. Season with the fajita seasoning mix.
- Roast for 20-25 minutes, stirring halfway through, until the chicken has reached an internal temperature of 165 degrees using a meat thermometer.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the avocado, salt, and jalapeño. Squeeze the lime juice in, to taste, and mash with a fork until all ingredients are thoroughly mixed.
- Divide the chicken fajita mixture, corn, and black beans among 4 meal prep containers. To 4 separate meal prep containers, combine the sides: chopped romaine, avocado mash, greek yogurt, cilantro lime sauce, tomatoes, and lime wedges.
- Keep refrigerated until ready to eat. Re-heat in microwave as needed.