This Bacon Egg and Avocado Breakfast Bagel is what every breakfast should be made of! Made with fluffy, scrambled eggs, cream cheese, tomato slices, bacon, and a garlic avocado mash – all sandwiched between a sliced and toasted everything bagel!
Easy to make, full of flavor and filling! Not a fan of bacon? Cater to your preference and use ham or turkey instead.
CALLING ALL BREAKFAST LOVERS
No matter what time of day it is, breakfast food is always a good idea. Am I right? I know I am. Whether you have it at the appropriate time (morning), for brunch or dinner, also known as ‘brinner’ in this household, it’s consistently the perfect, filling meal. This Bacon Egg and Avocado Breakfast Bagel is always on my mind when it comes to making breakfast.
It has every factor needed – healthy fats, protein, carbs, and so much flavor.
→ Crispy, chewy bagel
→ Crisp, salty bacon
→ Fluffy scrambled eggs
→ Creamy garlic avocado mash
→ Cream cheese
You truly can’t get much better than that. Well, I’m sure we could all think of some more delicious add-ins, but let’s not make this breakfast bagel any messier or larger than it already is!
But, if you’re looking for some more add-in’s to use up some items in your fridge:
- Sautéed mushrooms and caramelized onions
- Roasted red peppers
- Sautéed bell peppers
- Any flavor of jam – it sounds strange, I know, but trust me on this. If you like sweet & savory items mashed together, you will like the idea of cream cheese and jam (instead of avocado mash) on your breakfast bagel. TRY IT!
- Swap ham or turkey for the bacon
- Add some sautéed spinach
We could go on and on getting creative! Just add what works for you. Meals are meant to be fun, creative and delicious.
HOW TO MAKE FLUFFY SCRAMBLED EGGS
The key to making the perfect fluffy, scrambled fold-over that you see in the photos? Low heat! I don’t do anything crazy to make my eggs. I don’t believe in adding cream or milk. I season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. That’s it. Sometimes I sprinkle some cheese on top – cheddar cheese, goat cheese, blue cheese, etc. I’m not picky.
We all have our own way of scrambling eggs. But try this method just once and let me know what you think! It’s so easy! Too easy actually.
- Place a small pan over medium-low heat. Add 1 tablespoon of butter and allow it to melt.
- Add 1-2 eggs to a medium-sized mixing bowl and whisk for 1-2 minutes, or until the yolk is fully incorporated.
- Add the eggs when the butter starts to bubble. This is when you know the pan is heated.
- Using a wooden spoon, make swirls throughout the eggs, making sure to scrape along the edges of the pan. This helps to cook the eggs more evenly in my opinion. Make swirls for 1-2 minutes and let it finally set and cook flat so that you can start folding it over.
- Season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Remove from heat just before it looks “done”. It will continue cooking in the hot pan as you fold.
- Using a small, flat spatula (not a rubber spatula), start turning the edges over in folds, while going in a circle around the pan. Think of a quesadilla floured tortilla being folded to close. Just like that!
- Sprinkle some cheese on top to melt, if desired.
- Garnish with bagel seasoning, chives, red pepper flakes, etc.
THAT’S IT. Try it some time!
MORE SUPER SIMPLE AND DELICIOUS RECIPES TO TRY:
- Easy and Quick Garlic Cheese Bread – it doesn’t get much better than an easy recipe like this that give you a warm slice of cheesy garlic bread straight out of the oven! Comes together in minutes with a handful of ingredients I guarantee you already have in your kitchen.
- Easy Instant Pot Chicken Taco Soup – A simple, delicious, and healthy recipe that is perfect for these cold, rainy fall or winter days. This recipe takes a little prep and is only cooked in the Instant Pot (or Crock Pot), making for easy clean up.
- Simple Teriyaki Shrimp over Zucchini Noodles – this healthy recipe is made with a homemade teriyaki sauce and served over spiralized zucchini. Making for an incredibly delicious, easy, and low-carb dinner option that can be on your table in 30 minutes! Only 376 calories per large serving!
- Garlic Butter Steak and Potatoes – this is the quick, easy and beyond delicious recipe you have been looking for! Juicy, savory steak and potatoes seasoned with garlic and herbs and cooked in butter in one skillet. A delicious dinner has never been simpler!
- Roasted Red Pepper Rigatoni – an easy-to-make, flavorful pasta dish that is going to knock your socks off! Made with a handful of ingredients and comes together in under 20 minutes. Creamy, savory-sweet red bell pepper sauce garnished with basil and parmesan cheese. Light, on the healthy side of things, and the perfect comfort dish to get you through these never-ending cool months. Sure to be a repeat on your table tonight!
Bacon Egg and Avocado Breakfast Bagel
Super simple, delicious and filling breakfast sandwich! Comes together in 10-15 minutes and is sure to become a new addiction for you!
- 1 Everything Bagel
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tbsp light butter
- 2 tbsp low-fat cream cheese, can sub regular or fat-free
- 1 slice bacon, natural, no sugar added (such as Applegate Farms)
- 1/4 medium avocado
- 2 slices tomato
- salt and pepper
- garlic powder
- freshly chopped chives
- red pepper flakes
Heat a small nonstick pan over medium heat. Add the bacon and cook until it reaches desired doneness. When cooked, remove to a plate with a paper towel to keep warm and absorb some of the bacon grease.
Pour out or wipe out the bacon grease from the pan with a paper towel. Lower the heat to medium-low. Add 1 tablespoon of butter and allow it to melt.
While the butter is melting and warming, whisk two eggs into a medium-sized mixing bowl until the yolk is fully incorporated.
Pour the eggs into the pan when the butter starts to bubble. This is when you know the pan is heated.
Using a wooden spoon, make swirls throughout the eggs, making sure to scrape along the edges of the pan. This helps to cook the eggs more evenly in my opinion. Make swirls for 1-2 minutes and let it finally set and cook flat so that you can start folding it over.
Season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder - all to taste. I use a pinch or two of garlic (but I love garlic).
Remove from heat just before it looks "done". It will continue cooking in the hot pan as you fold.
Using a small, flat spatula (not a rubber spatula), start turning the edges over in small folds, while going in a circle around the pan. Think of a floured tortilla being folded to close a quesadilla. Just like that!
Sprinkle some cheese on top to melt, if desired.
While you're waiting for the eggs to cook, toast the bagel and mash the avocado in a small bowl. Season with salt, pepper, and a pinch of garlic powder (if desired).
To the top bagel, spread the cream cheese. To the bottom, spread the garlic avocado mash. Layer the avocado mash with the eggs and season with freshly chopped chives and red pepper flakes (optional). Add the bacon and tomato slices. Enjoy!