These Simple Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas are a breeze to make and absolutely delicious! Strips of seasoned chicken breast, a colorful array of bell peppers and onion all tossed with olive oil and spices – right on the sheet pan. Minimal effort and an easy clean up!
Top this with freshly chopped cilantro, a fresh squeeze of lime juice, and serve it with my Creamy Cilantro Lime Sauce and you have a party in a tortilla in no time! Be sure to add this recipe to your meal prep list this week with my Chicken Fajita Salad Meal Prep.
WHY SHEET PAN RECIPES ARE THE BEST
- Easy to clean up – simply use parchment paper or aluminum foil that can easily be removed and discarded. Note: parchment paper is not safe at 425 degrees F or above. Do not broil anything with parchment paper on the sheet pan! Ask me how I know… 😉 WHOOPS!
- Everything comes together and cooks on one pan, requiring minimal effort.
- They are not limited to dinners! You can make all sorts of desserts and breakfasts on them – such as my Easy Sheet Pan Breakfast Potatoes.
- They are great for meal prep, as you can roast meats and vegetables together or separately. Roast as little or as much as you need to prep!
- Endless options as far as what you can combine together to “fix it and forget it.”
INGREDIENTS NEEDED FOR THIS RECIPE
- Chicken breasts
- Spices – chili powder, onion powder, smoked paprika, salt, pepper, cumin, garlic powder
- Olive oil
- Veggies – bell peppers (any color), garlic, and onion
- Fresh cilantro (for garnishment)
- Lime wedges
- Flour tortillas (or corn if preferred)
Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that if you choose to make a purchase via the link provided, I will earn a commission. This commission comes at no additional cost to you whatsoever. I recommend these products because I have tested them and find that they are helpful and worth the cost; not because of the small commissions I make if you decide to make a purchase.
HOW TO MAKE THESE SIMPLE SHEET PAN CHICKEN FAJITAS
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Or spray with nonstick cooking spray, if preferred.
- Start by slicing the red onion and the bell peppers into 1/4-inch slices. If you like them to have a little extra crunch, slice them thicker.
- Toss the peppers, onions, and sliced chicken with olive oil and seasonings – either in a large mixing bowl or on the prepared sheet pan itself.
- Roast for 20-25 minutes, stirring/tossing halfway, ensuring the chicken has reached an internal temperature of 165 degrees F on a meat thermometer.
MORE TACO TUESDAY RECIPES YOU WILL LOVE!
- Taco Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
- Easy Instant Pot Chicken Taco Soup
- Loaded Skinny Taco Flatbread Pizza
- Southwest Style Sweet Potato Taco Lettuce Wraps
- Chicken Taco Lettuce Wraps
- Yogurt Marinated Fajita Lime Chicken Kebabs
- Steak Fajita Bowls with Garlic Lime Cauliflower Rice
Simple Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas
- 1 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breast, (sliced 1/2" thick)
- 1 red bell pepper, (sliced 1/4" thick)
- 1 orange bell pepper, (sliced 1/4" thick)
- 1 green bell pepper, (sliced 1/4" thick)
- 1 medium red onion, (sliced 1/4" thick)
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lime, (sliced into wedges)
- 8 flour tortillas
- freshly chopped cilantro
- Creamy Cilantro Lime Sauce
- Greek yogurt, diced avocado, cheese, or any of your favorite toppings
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Combine the ingredients for the seasoning into a small mixing bowl and the olive oil and minced garlic into a separate small bowl/ramekin.
- Layer the chicken, peppers and onion strips onto the baking sheet making sure to create a single, evenly spaced layer.
- Drizzle the chicken mixture with the olive oil and minced garlic, tossing everything with a spatula to thoroughly coat. Season with the fajita seasoning mix.
- Roast for 20-25 minutes, stirring halfway through, until the chicken has reached an internal temperature of 165 degrees using a meat thermometer.
- Halfway through roasting, place a small non-stick pan over low heat. Once the pan has heated, add one tortilla to the pan to warm 1-2 minutes per side.Alternately, you can wrap the tortillas in aluminum foil and warm them in the oven during the last 5-6 minutes of roasting.
- Garnish with freshly chopped cilantro, drizzled with lime juice and serve in a warm tortilla topped with Creamy Cilantro Lime Sauce.