Loaded Skinny Taco Flatbread Pizza – these taco flatbread pizzas are an easy, healthy and lower-carb alternative to that Taco Pizza we all love and adore! Ready in 30 minutes or less!
This Loaded Skinny Taco Flatbread Pizza is loaded with refried black beans, cheese, taco meat (with homemade taco seasoning!), and all the delicious fixings.
If you know me, you know that I am a major fan of tacos. Anything with a hard shell, soft shell, in nacho form, or a healthier, lower-carb version. Such as my Chicken Taco Lettuce Wraps! Did I mention I also love it in pasta form? Yep. Cheesy taco goodness with my Cheesy Skillet Taco Pasta.
Then there is pizza! But I am sure you already knew that by now! This post must be a major give away. 😉
Either way, this Loaded Skinny Taco Flatbread Pizza is going to knock your socks off!
My Loaded Skinny Taco Flatbread Pizza’s are a crispy, yet chewy thin flatbread pizza crust piled with:
- Refried black beans
- Lean ground beef – made with my Homemade Taco Seasoning and green chiles
- Melted Colby Jack cheese
- And then topped with all the amazing fixings you can think of: shredded lettuce, cherry tomato halves, diced avocado, plain greek yogurt, green onion, cilantro, red pepper flakes, black pepper, and hot sauce!
What’s not to love about a pizza that is made on the healthier side? It’s as though you’re indulging, but without the guilt. Right? So make these flatbread pizzas and enjoy a few slices of heaven without feeling like you’ve sacrificed your recent workout.
If you’re on a time crunch or looking for something simple – another reason to love this recipe. From start to finish, it can be on your table in 30 minutes or less.
I recently found these flatbreads (Flatout Artisan Thin Pizza Crust – Rustic White) while browsing for new wraps to try for quick meals or lunches for my husband. I’m not sure how new these are or perhaps my chain of stores recently started carrying them. Either way – I am so happy they did. There are several flavors to choose from – which excites this food blogger. So many options = so many new pizza recipes!
Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that if you choose to make a purchase via the link provided, I will earn a commission. This commission comes at no additional cost to you whatsoever. I recommend these products because I have tested them and find that they are helpful and worth the cost; not because of the small commissions I make if you decide to make a purchase.
If you have a hard time finding these wraps, you can find them on Amazon. You can also use your favorite wrap or pre-made thin-crust pizza!
Loaded Skinny Taco Flatbread Pizza
- 2 Rustic White Flatout Artisan Thin Pizza Crusts (or your favorite premade thin-crust pizza)
- 1/3 cup refried black beans
- 1/2 cup shredded colby jack cheese (or favorite cheese)
- 1 lb lean ground beef (I used 96/4)
- 3 tbsp mild green chiles (optional)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp Homemade Taco Seasoning (or store bought/favorite)
- 1.5 tbsp minced garlic
Toppings: (optional, not calculated - use your favorites!)
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1/4 cup 2% plain greek yogurt (or sour cream)
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes (halved)
- 1 avocado (diced)
- 2 green scallions (chopped)
- 1/4 cup mild hot sauce (optional)
- crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- fresh cilantro (chopped)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Place two flatbreads onto a baking sheet and bake for 2 minutes (according to package). Remove and set aside.
- Mix together the seasonings for the Homemade Taco Seasoning - if making
- Place a large nonstick pan over medium heat with olive oil. Once heated, add the lean ground beef - breaking into chunks with a wooden spoon or spatula as its cooking. Add the taco seasoning, stir to combine and allow to cook 4-5 minutes.
- Add the minced garlic and stir well to combine. Allow to cook 1-2 additional minutes or until the beef is cooked through.
- While the beef is cooking, prepare the toppings. Once everything is done it's time to layer.
- Using a spoon, smooth out a layer of the refried black beans over both flatbreads from edge to edge. Top with the cooked ground beef and cheese.
- Place into the oven to bake for 3-4 additional minutes, or until the cheese has melted.
- Garnish with prepared toppings listed above or toppings of choice.