Easy One Pot Creamy Chicken and Noodles – a super creamy, comforting chicken and noodle dish that cooks in one pot, is lightened up, packed full of vegetables and sure to please everyone at your table tonight. Even the kiddos!
EASY ONE POT CREAMY CHICKEN AND NOODLES
This recipe is not only simple to make, but only uses one pot! It comes together in around 40 minutes – making it the perfect meal for busy weeknights, or any day of the week that you’re looking for a comforting and delicious meal option!
One of my favorite dishes that both my mother-in-law and grammikins (what I call my grandmother) make are Chicken Pot Pies. I love everything from the flaky crust to the creamy noodles and super tender chunks of chicken. Nothing comforts this foodie’s soul more than a classic dish like this. So I decided to do what I enjoy doing best — lightening up a recipe to not only make it more macro-friendly, but healthy.
And by that, I’m talking about my two old school ladies using Crisco in their crusts! Although not ideal when it comes to being healthy, it certainly makes for the most scrumptious pie crust! *Insert drooling emoji here*
I decided to omit any form of crust in this recipe and use baguette slices to dip into the sauce. Still incredibly delicious – I assure you.
HOW TO MAKE THIS CREAMY CHICKEN AND NOODLES DISH
- Sear the chicken in the same pot with either olive oil or butter. This recipe calls for a mixture of olive oil and butter for that added flavor boost. Remove when cooked through.
- Sauté the onions, celery, and carrots until fork tender. Add in the garlic.
- Pour in the chicken broth with the half-and-half. Whisk, whisk, whisk!
- Raise temperature to medium-high and bring to a boil.
- Cut up chicken into bite-size chunks and return to pot.
- Add in seasonings, then the pasta. Cook 10-13 minutes, or until pasta is cooked through.
- Add in the peas and corn to warm.
- THAT’S IT!
To make this a low-carb option, you can certainly substitute the pasta for spiralized zucchini, also known as “zoodles”. I would simply cook the zoodles for half the time as the pasta to avoid turning them to mush in the pot! Check frequently as it cooks.
MORE COMFORTING DISHES YOU MIGHT ENJOY
- Easy One Pot Lasagna Soup
- Easy Instant Pot Chicken Taco Soup
- Super Tender Instant Pot Pot Roast
- Creamy Cilantro Lime Chicken
- One Pan Lemon Garlic Butter Chicken and Potatoes
FIND ME ON:
FACEBOOK | TWITTER | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST
Easy One Pot Creamy Chicken and Noodles
- 2 tbsp butter, (or sub olive oil)
- 1 tbsp olive oil, (or sub for more butter)
- 1 lb chicken breasts, (sliced thin * SEE NOTES)
- 1/2 yellow onion, (finely chopped)
- 2 celery stalks, (chopped into small slices)
- 2 carrots, (peeled and chopped into small slices)
- 1 tbsp minced garlic, (approximately 4-5 cloves)
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth, (1 32-oz carton)
- 2 cups half-and-half, (*SEE NOTES)
- 1 tsp salt, (more or less, to taste *SEE NOTES BELOW)
- 1/2 tsp black pepper, (more or less, to taste)
- 1.5 tbsp dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1 cup corn, (frozen or canned (drained))
- 1 cup peas, (frozen or canned (drained))
- 8 oz extra-wide egg noodles
- Parmesan cheese
- Freshly chopped parsley
- Place a large pot over medium heat with butter and olive oil. Once the butter has melted, add the chicken breasts and cook until golden brown on each side. Make sure the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F. Remove from the pot to plate and allow it to cool slightly.
- To the pot add the onion, celery, and carrots. Allow the vegetables to saute and cook down for 4-6 minutes, or fork tender. Add in the minced garlic and cook until fragrant, 1 minute.
- Pour the chicken broth and half-and-half into the pot and raise the temperature to medium-high heat. Bring to a boil. Whisk thoroughly to combine.
- Cut up the chicken and return it to the pot.
- Add the salt, pepper, parsley, and thyme. Whisk to combine. Once the cream is boiling, add in the pasta and cook for 10-13 minutes, or until the pasta is cooked through. Add in the corn and peas to warm.
- Continue to cook until the sauce has thickened, approximately 5-7 minutes.
- NOTE: If the sauce has not thickened to your creamy preference, combine 1 teaspoon of cornstarch with 1 tablespoon of water and slowly whisk it into the pot. Keep in mind that the pasta will continue to absorb the liquid in the pot as it cooks. So be patient to allow it to thicken.
Made this Tonight for myself and my 2 boys. Super delicious! Made a few moDifications based on what i had on hand…used Frozen mixed veggies (corn, Beans, carrots). I added cream after boiling noodles, like i typically do so with one pot meals. Thanks for The quick Yummy meal!
So happy you and your boys enjoyed this recipe – even with the modifications!! 🙂
I am super busy with a newborn and this recipe is BOMB! I scooped 2 servings aside before adding the pasta and top it with a puff pastry to make a mini chicken pot pie!! 1 recipe , 2 meals! yummm! The hubby said the mini pot pie is so much more tasty than the restaurant he had it in London. Thank you so so much for this recipe! so so good!
First things first – congratulations on your new addition! I can only imagine how much life has changed for you both! Secondly, love your creativity with the recipe, as it sounds like something my husband and I do when we are wanting to prep recipes for additional days. The pot pie idea sounds delicious!! So glad you both enjoyed the recipe so much!