Creamy Cilantro Lime Chicken – an easy, creamy, and flavorful recipe that can be on your table in 20 minutes or less. Guaranteed to become a family favorite in your home!
One Pan Creamy Cilantro Lime Chicken
This Creamy Cilantro Lime Chicken dish has become a favorite in this household lately. Not just with the taste buds, but also because it is super simple to make and pairs well with just about any side; cauliflower rice, pasta, mashed potatoes, or steamed vegetables.
If you have never tried cauliflower rice – I highly recommend giving it a try. Not only to cut back on calories, but increase your vegetable intake. We all need help in that department from time to time!
You May Love These Cauliflower Rice Recipes:
- Cilantro Lime Black Bean and Corn Cauliflower Rice
- How To Make and Freeze Cauliflower Rice
- Garlic and Lime Cauliflower Rice
- Easy Cauliflower Broccoli Egg Fried Rice
Chicken is a staple meat in this house. We can eat it any which way – grilled, smoked, baked, pan-seared, or broiled. We generally stick to grilled or pan-seared with packed lunches or as a prepped option for grab and go meals. It truly helps to have prepared meats and side dishes in the fridge for those busy and/or tiresome days. You make better choices that way when you’re tired and hungry.
But sometimes we crave a super flavorful rendition just to spice things up in our weekly routine. And this Creamy Cilantro Lime Chicken dish does just that!
Looking for more chicken recipes?
- Yogurt Marinated Fajita Lime Chicken Kebabs
- Crispy Baked Chicken Parmesan Zoodle Bowls
- Easy Grilled Jamaican Jerk Chicken
- Creamy Garlic Parmesan and Roasted Red Pepper Chicken
This Creamy Cilantro Lime Chicken dish is also made with roasted red peppers, but feel free to use the vegetables of your choosing – asparagus, broccoli, baby spinach, zucchini, and so forth.
Creamy Cilantro Lime Chicken
Creamy Cilantro Lime Chicken - a super simple, creamy and flavorful dish that pairs well with any side and is guaranteed to be a fan favorite at your dinner table! Ready in 20 minutes or less.
- 1.25 lbs boneless, skinless chicken cutlets, thinly sliced breasts
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt, or to taste
- 1/4 tsp black pepper, or to taste
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 2 tbsp lime juice, approximately 1 lime
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup white onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tbsp minced garlic, approximately 3 cloves
- 1/2 cup half-n-half
- 2 tbsp lime juice, approximately 1 lime
- 1.5 tsp Italian seasoning
- pinch of red pepper flakes, optional - more or less to taste
- 3 tbsp freshly chopped cilantro
- 1 roasted red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 tsp cornstarch, combined with 1 tbsp water
- freshly chopped basil
- grated parmesan cheese
- lime wedges, for additional lime flavoring
Place a large, nonstick pan over medium-high heat with olive oil and butter. Squeeze lime juice over chicken, season with salt, pepper, onion powder, and garlic powder. Rubbing in with your fingers.
Once the butter has melted, add the chicken to the pan. Fry each breast until golden on each side, approximately 3-4 minutes per side. The internal temperature should reach 165 degrees F. Time will be dependent on how thickly cut your chicken is. Transfer to a plate and cover to keep warm.
To the same pan, add the onion and roasted red pepper until the onion is translucent. Approximately 3-4 minutes. Add the minced garlic and reduce to medium heat. Allow garlic to cook 1 minute or until fragrant.
Add the chicken broth and stir to combine. Allow broth to simmer for 4-5 minutes to reduce. Add the half-n-half and whisk to thoroughly combine. If the sauce is not as thick as you would like it or too runny, combine 1 teaspoon of cornstarch with 1 tablespoon of water in a small mixing bowl. Once mixed, pour into the pan and whisk continuously to combine. The sauce will thicken quickly.
Once the sauce has thickened, add the lime juice, Italian seasoning, red pepper flakes (optional), and freshly chopped cilantro. Whisk to combine. Add chicken back to pan to warm.
Garnish with chopped basil or additional cilantro, parmesan cheese, and lime wedges. Serve with pasta, cauliflower rice, steamed veggies, or your favorite side dish!