Creamy Garlic Parmesan and Roasted Red Pepper Chicken – a one-pan, easy-to-make comforting recipe that will give you all the warm fuzzy, content feelings. The chicken is pan-seared and combined in a delicious, creamy sauce combining all the perfect flavors of parmesan cheese, spinach, roasted red peppers, and garlic.
Comfort foods like this are perfect for any time of the year. Especially when you’re looking for an easy recipe to make on a chilly, rainy spring evening. Everything comes together in one-pan in around 20-25 minutes. Pretty fantastic, right?
And I assure you – this Creamy Garlic Parmesan and Roasted Red Pepper Chicken is on point. It’s amazing with a side of pasta, rice, or zucchini noodles!
Zucchini noodles are incredible with anything in my honest opinion. I love how they are a wonderful and healthy replacement for pasta and rice. Not that I am opposed to delicious carbs like pasta or rice. I just need to find ways of curbing my carb intake and zucchini noodles are the perfect alternative and replacement.
And I’m getting in an extra serving of veggies! Win win!
If you’re a zucchini noodle lover like me, then you will love a few of my other low-carb recipes that center around zoodles!
- Shrimp Scampi with Zoodles
- Simple Teriyaki Shrimp over Zucchini Noodles
- Grilled Chicken Cauliflower Alfredo with Zucchini Noodles
I promise you guys n’ gals will love this recipe just as much as we did. It’s great for lunch, dinner and if you’re looking to prep your meals for the week. I generally do 3-4 days at a time. Having prepared meats, ready for on-the-go or for those lazy nights is essential. Otherwise I’m elbow deep in a bag of tortilla chips and dipping away in salsa.
Speaking of dipping! This sauce is perfect for dipping your favorite bread in to! And I’m ALL about sauces that are dip-able.
If you’re the same way, then you will absolutely love my Creamy Cauliflower Alfredo Sauce!
Creamy Garlic Parmesan and Roasted Red Pepper Chicken
- 1.5 lbs chicken breast (boneless, skinless, and thinly-sliced)
- 1 tbsp butter
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tbsp butter
- 0.5 tsp Italian seasoning
- 12 ounce jar of roasted red peppers (chopped)
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 cup half and half
- 1 cup baby spinach (raw, chopped)
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 2/3 cup parmesan cheese
- crushed red pepper flakes (to taste, start with a pinch)
- shaved parmesan cheese
- Season chicken breasts with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and Italian seasoning.
- Place a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 tablespoon of butter to melt.
- Once melted, add the chicken and sear on both sides until they are golden brown for approximately 3-4 minutes. Time will be dependent on the thickness of the chicken. Remove to a plate.
- In the same skillet, add the last tablespoon of butter. Once melted, combine the minced garlic, roasted red peppers, and 1/2 teaspoon of Italian seasoning. Sauté for 2 minutes.
- Stir in the chicken broth and mix well. Reduce the heat to a simmer.
- Add in the half and half, chopped spinach, and parmesan cheese. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Stir and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Return the chicken breast to the skillet to warm for 4-5 minutes.
- Optional: Garnish with shaved parmesan cheese, parsley, and roasted red pepper flakes.