These Lemon Blueberry Yogurt Muffins make for the best breakfast muffin, a grab-n-go snack, or even an after school snack for the kiddos! The are soft, delicious and made with the perfect amount of blueberries and lemon flavoring!
You’re going to love having these when you sit down to have a cup of coffee or hot tea.
PERFECT FOR BACK TO SCHOOL OR ON-THE-GO
Ready for an irresistible, easy-to-make, grab-n-go muffin that is perfect for those busy mornings getting ready for work and with the kiddos? Then this is the recipe for you!
What else makes this Lemon Blueberry Yogurt Muffins great? It’s a healthier rendition, loaded with with better-for-you ingredients! And who doesn’t love ingredients that you know you can trust? Ingredients that you more than likely have in your kitchen right now (save the flavored yogurt?).
MORE DELICIOUS, EASY DESSERT RECIPES TO ENJOY:
- Greek Yogurt Banana Coffee Cake Muffins – yet another muffin that is perfect to have with your morning coffee or tea. Sweet cinnamon taste, but the best crunchy streusel topping.
- Chocolate Chip Banana Yogurt Muffins – one of my most popular recipes remade by many – for good reason! So delicious it tastes like you’re having dessert for breakfast.
- Skinny Double Chocolate Walnut Brownies – perfect for those chocolate cravings, but without the guilt.
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Crunch Cakes – so moist, delicious and sweet – you will be struggling to not have a second little cake!
THE SECRET IS IN THE YOGURT
I am and have always been a major fan of yogurt. I can have it as a yogurt bowl in the morning for breakfast or as a snack throughout the day. And every so often when I am feeling extra motivated – I bust out my blender and toss some into a smoothie. I love smoothies, but I had cleaning my blender or food processor, so I avoid making them. That’s bad, I know. Anyone else this way?
The best trick to getting the lemon taste to really pop in this recipe is by using lemon flavored greek yogurt alongside a freshly squeezed lemon and lemon zest. If you’re someone that loves tart flavors, then you will love this Lemon Blueberry Yogurt Muffins recipe.
But if you’re someone that doesn’t like too much tartness or zing, then I would recommend using regular greek yogurt and the freshly squeezed lemon and lemon zest. Both options will work, so it just depends on whether you like to taste both the lemon and blueberry flavoring or if you prefer a subtle lemon taste alongside the blueberry.
Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that if you choose to make a purchase via the link provided, I will earn a commission. This commission comes at no additional cost to you whatsoever. I recommend these products because I have tested them and find that they are helpful and worth the cost; not because of the small commissions I make if you decide to make a purchase.
TOOLS USED IN MAKING THESE MUFFINS:
- Wilton Perfect Results Premium Non-Stick Bakeware Muffin and Cupcake Pan, 12-Cup – I have had this pan for years and it never fails to bake the perfect cupcakes and muffins. Still looks like new!
- PaperChef Standard Parchment Baking Cups 2-Pack, 60-count/Box – These have a five star rating for a reason! They are the best muffin/cupcake liners I have EVER used. Do not make oil-free, healthy muffins or cupcakes without these! Other liners will stick, taking half the muffin with them!
- Tiger Chef Stainless Steel Ice Cream Scoop – perfect for an easy scoop and release into the muffin pan. This also helps with portioning.
- KitchenMade Measuring Cups, Stainless Steel, 6-Piece Stackable Set – these are my favorite measuring cups! I have tried several different brands over the last 10 years and these are by far my favorite ones. Easy grip on the handle, great for pouring, and easy to scoop and release. You can also use these for portioning out the batter into the muffin pan if you already have an ice cream scoop.
Lemon Blueberry Yogurt Muffins
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp all-purpose flour ((mix with blueberries))
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup lemon flavored nonfat greek yogurt ((such as Chobani))
- 2 ripe bananas
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup blueberries, (divided)
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 large eggs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 12 cup muffin tray with liners. If you're using regular liners, spray with non-stick cooking spray. Otherwise they will stick to the liners due to the lack of oil in the batter. I use parchment baking cups and they work perfectly! See the "Tools Used" section above for a link to the exact ones I always use.
- In a large bowl, combine banana, sugar, yogurt, lemon juice, lemon zest, vanilla extract and eggs. Mix until bananas have been fully mashed.
- In a separate bowl, combing remaining dry ingredients - oat flour, all-purpose flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Toss together 1/2 cup of blueberries with the 1 tablespoon of flour.
- Slowly add the dry mixture into the wet mixture, adding 1/2 cup at a time.
- Once fully mixed, fold in the flour coated blueberries.
- Fill each well of the muffin tray 2/3 of the way full. Top with the remaining 1/2 cup of blueberries. Bake 15-20 minutes, or until toothpick removes clean from center.
- Optional: Top the muffins with 2 tbsp of granulated sugar once out of the oven.