Low-Carb Chipotle Cheeseburger Lettuce Wraps – If you’re looking for a low-carb option to your favorite seasonal meals – then I guarantee you will love these Low-Carb Chipotle Cheeseburger Lettuce Wraps! Very easy and quick to make and it certainly packs a punch in flavor!
Ever since I started swapping breads out for lettuce wraps, I can’t say that I miss the switch! If you haven’t tried it – I urge you to do so! In fact, I ask – why haven’t you?? What are you waiting for? 😉
Recipe nutrition breakdown is for the cheeseburger, lettuce wrap and Sriracha Garlic Yogurt Sauce. Toppings are optional, as always.
If you’re a fan of lettuce wraps or low-carb recipes, then you will love a few of my other recipes:
Low-Carb Chipotle Cheeseburger Lettuce Wrap
- 1 lb. lean beef (I use Laura's Lean Beef 96/4)
- 1/2 tbsp. Liquid Aminos (or low-sodium soy sauce)
- 1 tbsp. minced garlic (approx. 6 cloves)
- 1 in chipotle pepper (cannedadobo sauce, finely chopped (optional))
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 2 tbsp. freshly chopped parsley
- Sriracha Garlic Yogurt Sauce:
- 1/4 cup 0% plain greek yogurt
- 1/2 tbsp Sriracha sauce (more or less to taste)
- 1/8 tsp. garlic powder
- Pinch of salt (to taste)
- 4 slices of sharp cheddar slim cut cheese (Kraft)
- 1 medium tomato ** (optional)
- 1/4 small red onion (sliced (optional)**)
- 1/2 avocado (sliced (optional)**)
- In a small mixing bowl, combine ingredients for the Sriracha Garlic Yogurt Sauce and mix well. Be sure to taste test for level of hotness. If you don't like things too hot, I would suggest starting with 1 tsp. of Sriracha to the yogurt at a time until you reach your preferred level.
- Cover and set in the fridge until burgers are done.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine all ingredients for the burgers and mix well. Don't be afraid to get in there and mash with your hands to fully incorporate the seasonings and aminos.
- Divide into four equally sized patties, rounding in your head and pressing flat with the palms of your hands.
- Heat the grill to high to heat the burners. Once heated, reduce the temperature to medium-low. Add all four patties to the grill and cook them until they are golden brown with a slight char to the outside, about 3-5 minutes. Flip the burgers with a metal spatula. Cook the same on the opposite side, approximately 3-5 minutes. Time will depend on how rare or done you like your burger. Cook them as you like!
- While the burgers are cooking, slice your toppings - red onion, avocado and tomato (pictured).
- Cut the base of each lettuce leaf off the head of lettuce, carefully pulling the leaf away. I find that it helps to pull a little from each side at a time to prevent any tearing and to keep it as intact as possible. Use 2-3 leaves per burger.
- Top each burger with cheese, toppings of choice, drizzle with a tablespoon of the Sriracha Garlic Yogurt Sauce and wrap them as tightly as you can.