Cauliflower Pizza Bites – an easy, low-carb and healthy appetizer idea for your next get together! Made with cauliflower, egg whites, mozzarella cheese, and a handful of ingredients – it is sure to please a crowd!
There’s a trick to cooking with cauliflower. If you don’t remove as much moisture as you can, you will end up with mush. And no one likes a soggy pizza. You know – when you get one too many toppings and everything falls as soon as you pick it up? No thanks!
- You need to finely ground up the cauliflower. This can be achieved by placing the cauliflower (cut into small florets) into a food processor and running it until it reaches a rice-like, mashed consistency.
- The next step is super important: Scoop the cauliflower into the center of a cheesecloth. Roll it into a ball by pulling the sides of the cheesecloth up and twisting it shut.
- Now squeeze any excess moisture out of the cauliflower.
- Place the wrung out cauliflower into a microwave-safe bowl. Place it into the microwave for 2-3 minutes to warm. Stir to make sure its evenly warmed.
- Add the remaining ingredients, stirring well. Allow it to cool to a safe temperature prior to scooping and rolling.
If you enjoy this Cauliflower Pizza Bites recipe, then you may enjoy these recipes!
- Loaded Skinny Taco Flatbread Pizza
- Mexican Pizza
- Cilantro Lime Black Bean and Corn Cauliflower Rice
- Creamy Garlic Parmesan and Roasted Red Pepper Chicken
- Jamaican Jerk Chicken Bowls
Cauliflower Pizza Bites
- 1.5 cups grated cauliflower (approximately 1/2 large cauliflower head)
- 1 tsp minced garlic (2 cloves)
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- 3 large egg whites
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- 6 basil leaves (chopped fine)
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place a baking rack on top. Spray the rack with nonstick cooking spray.
- While the oven is preheating, start by prepping the cauliflower. Cut the head in half and then into small florets, removing stems and leaves.
- Toss the small florets into a food processor and process until the cauliflower reaches a rice/mashed potato look. It should be processed fine. The finer it is - the better.
- Scoop the cauliflower into a cheesecloth, twist up the ends to close, and squeeze as much of the natural water out that you can.
- Place the processed cauliflower into a microwave safe bowl and heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Once cooked, add the remaining ingredients and stir well to thoroughly combine.
- Using a tablespoon, scoop a heaping spoonful of the mixture out and roll into a ball. Make sure the mixture is cool enough to handle! Place each bite evenly apart on the prepared racks and bake for 20-23 minutes.
- At 15 minutes, remove the sheet from the oven and rotate the bites. Place the sheet back into the oven and allow to bake for 8-10 more minutes.
- Remove and serve with your favorite dipping sauce, such as tomato sauce, marinara, or a cheese sauce!