Jamaican Jerk Chicken Bowls – super simple and so much flavor packed into one bowl! These bowls have a hint of spice, but are packed full of healthy veggies and the perfect, healthy meal for any occasion!
Most Jamaican Jerk Chicken dishes come a blend of mango salsa or plantains. Although I enjoy both of those things, I have never been much of a fan of combining fruits into a warm dish. I am not even much of a pie fan (I only eat the crust). I prefer my fruits in sweet, cold dishes or raw.
But that is entirely my own preference. If you’re a fan of such combinations, then I do highly recommend adding your favorite mango salsa to the bowl!
Now when it comes to savory bowls packed full of veggies? I am a huge fan! They make for the best meals in my opinion. Aside from leftovers. You know what I mean – those leftovers that are better than the first go around?
Am I the only one that feels that way about leftovers? It’s as though the already delicious meal gets better as its recooked!
This bowl combination came about as I was aiming to do two things this week:
- Clean out the veggies in my fridge.
- Prep some chicken for the week.
Which brings me to the chicken in this dish: Easy Grilled Jamaican Jerk Chicken!
We eat a lot of chicken in this house, so its important to always find a way to make it a bit different each time. Otherwise you start to get bored! The spices from this chicken really wake up the senses and make you happy rather than on the verge of chicken boredom.
It’s also as easy as tossing the chicken into a ziploc bag with the ingredients to marinade for a few hours. Toss it on the grill and you’re ready to eat in 15 minutes or less!
What you see in this bowl:
- Diced avocado garnished with crushed red pepper flakes (completely optional, but certainly delicious if you like a little kick to the taste buds).
- Toasted sweet potato slices – absolutely delicious and one of my favorite things to make. As easy as slicing, tossing with olive oil and salt, and then baking! I make them almost weekly.
- The yummiest cauliflower and veggie combination: Cilantro Lime Black Bean and Corn Cauliflower Rice. This cauliflower rice compliments the dish splendidly! Very easy to make and sure to be a fan favorite in your home just as it is in mine.
- All of this combined with cherry tomatoes on a bed of greens: chopped boston leaf lettuce, cilantro leaves, and romaine. Drizzled with a squeeze of fresh lime juice to only enhance the flavor of this already amazing bowl.
If you’re interested in the Cilantro Lime Black Bean and Corn Cauliflower Rice for another dish – then check out the attached link to be taken directly to the recipe! I promise you will not be disappointed!
You may also like:
- Easy Cauliflower Broccoli Egg Fried Rice
- Steak Fajita Bowls with Garlic Lime Cauliflower Rice
- Garlic and Lime Cauliflower Rice
- Grilled Chicken Cauliflower Alfredo with Zucchini Noodles
Jamaican Jerk Chicken Bowls
- 4 Jamaican Jerk Chicken Breasts (sliced)
Sweet Potato Slices:
- 1 large sweet potato (sliced thin, 1/4 inch thick)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp salt (or to taste)
- 2 medium avocados (peeled, pitted and diced)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes (halved)
- 4 cups greens (boston leaf and romaine)
- 1/4 cup cilantro (to mix with bed of greens)
- 2-4 small limes (juiced)
- crushed red pepper flakes (optional )
For the sweet potato slices:
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place a wire rack (or two if needed) overtop. Spray the racks with nonstick cooking spray.
- Slice the sweet potato into thin slices. Approximately 1/4 inch thick - give or take. Add to a bowl with the olive oil and salt. Toss to thoroughly combine.
- Place each sweet potato slice onto the racks, evenly spread out.
- Place into the oven to bake for 15 minutes. Remove, flip, and place back into the oven to bake for an additional 10 minutes. Be sure to check at 5-7 minutes to prevent burning.
- Combine sweet potatoes with the diced avocado, cherry tomatoes, cauliflower rice, and chicken over a bed of greens. Garnish with crushed red pepper flakes (optional) and a squeeze of fresh lime juice.