This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclaimer and disclosure policy.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bites – these cookie dough bites are very easy to make, take no time at all, and are a wonderful healthy alternative to the traditional cookie dough that we all love!
Best part? It’s made with a handful of ingredients and you can be popping one of these delicious bites in your mouth in 20 minutes or less.
Sprinkles are everything!
Sometimes you just need a few sprinkles to brighten your day. Especially when the wintertime feels as though it will never end! And a Michigan winter always feels as though it will continue on until Thanksgiving comes around again. I love Michigan, but the weather/wintertimes here can be rough.
So it’s the little things, like sprinkles, that perk you up and get you through those days.
I have had a major sweet tooth lately. Who am I kidding? I always have a major sweet tooth! Lately I have been craving a frosted chocolate cake, but I have not allowed myself to make one because it won’t be one slice. Cakes and pastries are a weakness for me. That’s when mug cakes come in handy when you’re craving the real thing.
Now that I have you thinking of cake, you may love my White Chocolate Wonderful Mugcake!
Looks incredible right? Yet another super simple, delicious, and healthy dessert recipe to enjoy without the guilt. And of course I added sprinkles! Gloomy Michigan day perked right up.
Onto the Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bites!
- The recipe calls for cashew butter. I think this nut butter works best for making “cookie dough”, as it doesn’t have a profound taste. You’re more than welcome to use whatever nut butter of your choosing.
- I used Stevia and maple syrup, but honey works well, too.
- You can find butter extract/flavor in the baking aisle. If you cannot, simply substitute with 1/4 tsp. vanilla extract. The butter extract/flavor helps to give the bites that “cookie dough” taste.
DON’T FORGET TO SUBSCRIBE TO With Peanut Butter on Top TO STAY UP TO DATE WITH NEW RECIPE POSTS – DIRECTLY TO YOUR INBOX! I WILL NEVER SEND YOU SPAM! JUST SCRUMPTIOUS, FREE RECIPES!
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough BitesPrint Recipe Pin Recipe Rate Recipe
Servings: 20 bites
- 1 cup cashew butter (or nut butter of choice)
- 1/4 cup oat flour
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp stevia (or sweetener of choice)
- 1/4 tsp butter flavor/extract
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- Line a plate or small platter with parchment paper.
- Combine all ingredients listed, minus the chocolate chips, into a food processor and pulse until thoroughly mixed. Fold in one tablespoon of mini chocolate chips.
- Using a tablespoon, scoop out and roll approximately 20 cookie dough balls. Place each bite onto the prepared plate. Place into the freezer while you prepare the melted chocolate.
- Place a small saucepan over low heat to melt the chocolate chips. Stirring as the chips start to melt.
- Remove the bites from the freezer. Using a spoon, scoop the melted chocolate and drizzle it over each bite. If using, add the sprinkles now.
- Once finished, place the bites back into the freezer long enough to allow the chocolate to harden. Remove and enjoy!
TRIED THIS RECIPE?Tag me @withpeanutbutterontop or use my hashtag #withpeanutbutterontop on Instagram!
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bites
Amount Per Serving (1 bite)
Calories 98 Calories from Fat 54
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 1g5%
Vitamin A 5IU0%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
Disclaimer:The nutritional information provided on each recipe on With Peanut Butter on Top is given as a courtesy and as approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site. Nutritional information varies per brand/product. We recommend using an app to calculate full and accurate nutrition based on your ingredients used per recipe. Thank you! 🙂