This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclaimer and disclosure policy.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bites – these cookie dough bites are very easy to make, take no time at all, and are a wonderful healthy alternative to the traditional cookie dough that we all love!
Best part? It’s made with a handful of ingredients and you can be popping one of these delicious bites in your mouth in 20 minutes or less.
Sprinkles are everything!
Sometimes you just need a few sprinkles to brighten your day. Especially when the wintertime feels as though it will never end! And a Michigan winter always feels as though it will continue on until Thanksgiving comes around again. I love Michigan, but the weather/wintertimes here can be rough.
So it’s the little things, like sprinkles, that perk you up and get you through those days.
I have had a major sweet tooth lately. Who am I kidding? I always have a major sweet tooth! Lately I have been craving a frosted chocolate cake, but I have not allowed myself to make one because it won’t be one slice. Cakes and pastries are a weakness for me. That’s when mug cakes come in handy when you’re craving the real thing.
Onto the Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bites!
- The recipe calls for cashew butter. I think this nut butter works best for making “cookie dough”, as it doesn’t have a profound taste. You’re more than welcome to use whatever nut butter of your choosing.
- I used Stevia and maple syrup, but honey works well, too.
- You can find butter extract/flavor in the baking aisle. If you cannot, simply substitute with 1/4 tsp. vanilla extract. The butter extract/flavor helps to give the bites that “cookie dough” taste.
DON’T FORGET TO SUBSCRIBE TO With Peanut Butter on Top TO STAY UP TO DATE WITH NEW RECIPE POSTS – DIRECTLY TO YOUR INBOX! I WILL NEVER SEND YOU SPAM! JUST SCRUMPTIOUS, FREE RECIPES!
- 1 cup cashew butter (or nut butter of choice)
- 1/4 cup oat flour
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp stevia (or sweetener of choice)
- 1/4 tsp butter flavor/extract
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- Line a plate or small platter with parchment paper.
- Combine all ingredients listed, minus the chocolate chips, into a food processor and pulse until thoroughly mixed. Fold in one tablespoon of mini chocolate chips.
- Using a tablespoon, scoop out and roll approximately 20 cookie dough balls. Place each bite onto the prepared plate. Place into the freezer while you prepare the melted chocolate.
- Place a small saucepan over low heat to melt the chocolate chips. Stirring as the chips start to melt.
- Remove the bites from the freezer. Using a spoon, scoop the melted chocolate and drizzle it over each bite. If using, add the sprinkles now.
- Once finished, place the bites back into the freezer long enough to allow the chocolate to harden. Remove and enjoy!
TRIED THIS RECIPE?Tag me @withpeanutbutterontop or use my hashtag #withpeanutbutterontop on Instagram!
Serving:1bite || Calories:98kcal || Carbohydrates:7g || Protein:2g || Fat:6g || Saturated Fat:1g || Cholesterol:0mg || Sodium:3mg || Potassium:79mg || Fiber:0g || Sugar:2g || Vitamin A:5IU || Calcium:11mg || Iron:0.7mg
Disclaimer:The nutritional information provided on each recipe on With Peanut Butter on Top is given as a courtesy and as approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site. Nutritional information varies per brand/product. We recommend using an app to calculate full and accurate nutrition based on your ingredients used per recipe. Thank you! 🙂