If you’re thinking it has to be your birthday in order to have these Birthday Cake Overnight Oats, then you’re wrong! Prep these overnight oats for your breakfast tomorrow and start your day off on a celebratory note!
These oats can be prepped in less than 5 minutes, are made with healthy ingredients, and they taste like the best, guilt-free indulgence!
BIRTHDAY CAKE OVERNIGHT OATS
Smooth, creamy and delicious oatmeal that is made with a handful of healthy ingredients that help make it taste just like actual cake batter! Overnight oats are meant to be served cold. But if you’re not a fan of a cold breakfast or oats, you can easily warm them in the microwave for 30-60 seconds.
This recipe can also be modified to suit any dietary lifestyle: vegan, dairy free, gluten free, sugar free, etc.
PERFECT START TO YOUR DAY
Overnight oats have to be one of my favorite breakfast dishes to meal prep each week. It’s not only delicious, but also versatile and healthy. You can add as little or as much as you want to your prepped jars.
They are as simple to make as they sound. If you can make traditional hot oatmeal, then you can certainly make overnight oats. You simply combine all ingredients for the oats into a mixing bowl: preferred style of oats (old-fashioned, gluten-free, instant), liquid of choice (cows milk, cashew or almond milk, water), flavors (nut butter, cinnamon, vanilla or almond extract, cocoa powder, etc), yogurt of choice, and sweetener of choice (stevia, honey, maple syrup, brown sugar). Add in fruit (if preferred) and garnish with toppings right before eating.
The oats soak in the milk and yogurt in the fridge overnight. The result is softened, creamy oatmeal that tastes like you’re having dessert for breakfast!
- Oats (old fashioned, gluten-free, or Instant)
- Milk of choice (cashew, soy, almond, cows, or you can use water)
- Butter flavoring (can be found in the baking aisle with the extracts)
- Plain greek yogurt
- Sweetener of choice (stevia, maple syrup, honey, brown sugar)
- Vanilla extract
HELPFUL TIPS AND SWAPS
- OATS: You can use any oats that you have on hand or what suits your dietary needs. I do not recommend using instant oatmeal packets, as they already have flavorings/sugar added. Rolled/old fashioned oats will take a minimum of 2 hours to soak, whereas Instant oats will take 30-45 minutes.
- PROTEIN: If looking to add more protein, you can add any nut butter of your choosing when ready to serve or your favorite protein powder. If adding protein powder, you may need to add a splash of extra milk.
- SPRINKLES: Not a sprinkles fan? Swap out for chocolate chips or nuts. Be sure to add right before serving!
- SWEETENER: Add sweetener of choice – to suit your taste preference. For example, if using honey – start by adding 1-2 teaspoons of it at a time, adding more if desired.
- YOGURT: If you use vanilla yogurt, I recommend taste testing before adding sweetener and the vanilla extract, as sweetness and the vanilla taste will already be present with the yogurt. You can also swap yogurt out with a ripe, smashed banana or applesauce for a dairy-free option.
MORE AMAZING HEALTHY SNACKS
- No-Bake Almond Joy Bites
- Healthy No-Bake Peanut Butter Protein Bites
- Salted Hazelnut Chunky Monkey Bites
- Salted Almond Frozen Yogurt Bark with Berries
- Skinny Double Chocolate Walnut Brownies
Birthday Cake Overnight Oats
- 2 cups old fashioned oats, (or oats of choice - rolled, gluten-free, instant (not packet))
- 1/4 tsp salt, (more or less, to taste)
- 2 cups unsweetened cashew milk, (can sub with cows milk, coconut milk, soy milk, or almond milk))
- 1 tsp vanilla extract,
- 1/2 tsp+ butter extract, (or vanilla extract)
- 2 tbsp sprinkles
- 1-2 tbsp stevia, (more or less - to taste, honey, maple syrup, brown sugar, etc.)
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- Combine all ingreidnets (minus sprinkles) into a medium-sized bowl and mix until thoroughly combined.Add salt and sweetener - to taste.
- Divide among 4 mason jars or bowls and refrigerate, covered, for a minimum of 2 hours to overnight.
- When ready to eat, remove from fridge and stir in the sprinkles. Add any additional fruit or nut butter for extra flavoring.
- Remember to sweeten the oats to taste. You can use any sweetener you prefer. Some people may prefer more sweetness than others. Add at your discretion.
- Shelf life: good for 3-4 days, sealed and refrigerated.
- If you prefer thinner oats, I recommend adding a splash or two of extra milk the next morning before serving.
- Not a fan of cold oats? Warm in the microwave for 30-60 seconds prior to serving.
- If using flavored yogurt, cut back on the extract and sweetener, as the yogurt will already come with these flavorings.