Sweet and Spicy Sriracha Wings with Greek Yogurt Blue Cheese Dip – tender, juicy wings baked to perfection. A touch of sweetness with a punch of heat! Served with a homemade chunky Greek Yogurt Blue Cheese Dip. Perfect combination to please a crowd of football fans, your husband, or any chicken wing lover out there!
This recipe was a fan favorite of mine and my husbands. My first test at trying out hot wings and I had sticky fingers once they were done. And I mean that in the figurative sense, as well as the literal sense. I had promised to save a bunch for my husband when he got home. My intentions were good. They were put into a pyrex container and put in the back of the refrigerator.
Then night time cravings happened…
You ever wake up in the middle of the night, half asleep, and find yourself in the kitchen, rummaging through the refrigerator and cabinets for something to munch on?
They call a person who walks in their sleep a sleepwalker. I humorously call myself a sleep eater.
But can you blame me? I didn’t know whether to dip, eat the wings straight, or devour the ramekin of dip! I’m more than likely going to use this dip for sandwiches, salads, tacos, and goodness knows what else.
Once you have rinsed the wings, make sure to squeeze the wings to remove as much water/moisture as you can. Pat dry. Brush each wing thoroughly with olive oil and then toss them in a bowl with the seasonings. It’s important to rub the seasonings into each week, to fully incorporate the flavors. So I would suggest tossing the wings around with your hands.
Place on the prepared wire racks, evenly apart.
Once the wings are coated in the sauce, place them back onto the prepared baking sheets, making sure to space them evenly apart.
Now is the time to dip, devour, and lick the sauce from your fingers!
- Serves: Approx. 18 wings, 6 servings*
- Serving size: 3 wings
- Calories: 498
- Fat: 35.4g
- Saturated fat: 10.2g
- Unsaturated fat: 21.9g
- Trans fat: 0.0g
- Carbohydrates: 9.9g
- Sugar: 8.1g
- Sodium: 907.5mg
- Fiber: 0.0g
- Protein: 32.1g
- Cholesterol: 133.2mg
- 2.5 lbs chicken wings
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp onion powder
- ½ tbsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp fresh black pepper
- 3½ tbsp butter, light or regular
- ⅓ cup Sriracha, more or less to your hot preference
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
- ½ tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1½ tsp cornstarch, or flour
- ⅔ cup 0% plain greek yogurt
- ¼ cup blue cheese
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ⅛ tsp salt
- 1½ tsp cashew milk, or milk of choice
- ¼ tsp dried thyme
- ½ tsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Line a baking or cooking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil. Place 1-2 racks onto the sheets and spray them with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- Wash chicken and pat dry. Make sure to give each wing a good squeeze to remove any excess water from them. This will help to crisp them up.
- Place the wings on a platter and brush each one thoroughly with olive oil. After you've coated a wing, place it into a large bowl, continuing until you've transferred them all over.
- Combine all of the seasonings for the chicken in a small bowl, stirring to mix well.
- Once mixed, slowly sprinkle the seasoning over the wings. It's easiest and best to use your hands at this point, making sure to rub seasoning into each wing.
- Place each wing onto the prepared baking sheets, spacing them evenly apart.
- Place into the oven to bake for 20 minutes. Remove from oven, flip and bake for an additional 10 minutes.
- While you're waiting on the wings, prepare the dip and the wing sauce. Combine all ingredients in a medium mixing bowl and mix thoroughly. Mash a bit of the blue cheese with a fork to incorporate the flavor in with the greek yogurt. Cover and place in the refrigerator until ready to dip!
- Place a medium saucepan over medium-low heat. Once heated, add the butter to melt and slowly add the remaining ingredients in the order listed above, saving the cornstarch for last. Add the corn starch (or flour) slowly, making sure to whisk the entire time to ensure there are no clumps.
- Once the wings are done, remove from oven and place them into a large bowl. Pour the sauce over the top and toss the wings to coat.
- Place the wings back onto the rack and into the oven under broil. Be sure to watch during this time! You want the to crisp/brown up slightly, but they will burn or dry out rather quickly if you're not watching them.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool a little before handling. Serve with the Greek Yogurt Blue Cheese Dip, or dip of choice. Enjoy.
Greek Yogurt Blue Cheese Dip:
Serving: ¼ cup, Makes approx. 1¼ cups
Calories: 59, Fat: 3.3g, Sat. Fat: 2g, Unsat. Fat: 0.0g, Trans. Fat: 0.0g, Cholesterol: 11.3mg, Sodium: 176mg, Carbs: 1.5g, Fiber: 0.1g, Sugars: 1.2g, Protein: 5.9g