I’m thrilled to be in partnership with Reynolds Wrap® and excited to show you how to use Reynolds Wrap® Heavy Duty Foil to make an easy foil packet meal!
Santa Fe Chicken Foil Packets are the perfect, healthy and easy summer grilling meal! Packed with flavorful cauliflower rice, black beans, corn, and bell peppers. They are then topped with a juicy, tender chicken breast smothered with melted Mexican cheese. These foil packets make for a delicious, low-carb dinner that will have you savoring each bite.
Served garnished with freshly chopped cilantro, jalapeño, avocado, greek yogurt, and a lime wedge for an extra burst of zesty flavor!
SANTA FE CHICKEN FOIL PACKETS
Tired of the same boring chicken recipes that require a ton of cleanup? Then try this delicious Santa Fe Chicken Foil Packets recipe using Reynolds Wrap® Heavy Duty Foil! And if you need larger foil packets, the Reynolds Wrap® Heavy Duty Foil is also available in a wider 18-inch roll!
You won’t have to worry about the foil breaking or tearing either. This is very important for foil packet recipes that are not only filled with moist ingredients, but especially when you need to flip the packet for even cooking. With the help of Reynolds Wrap® Heavy Duty Foil, this Santa Fe Chicken recipe is very easy to put together, requiring minimal effort, and gives you the ease of a simple clean up.
Each foil packet is packed full of cauliflower rice, black beans, corn, and bell peppers before being topped with a tender, juicy chicken breast smothered with melted Mexican cheese and all the fixings! Guaranteed to be a filling meal.
Chicken foil packets are a great meal to take camping, on a picnic at your favorite park, or simply grilled on your own patio. Its a simple recipe that your whole family will love.
HOW TO MAKE SANTA FE CHICKEN FOIL PACKETS
Not only are you going to love the flavors packed into these foil packets, but you’re also going to love how simple they are to throw together. This dish uses thinly sliced chicken breasts. By keeping the breasts on the thin side, it helps to ensure that the chicken is thoroughly cooked and ready when the vegetables are. Larger cut breasts will take longer to cook, therefore possibly resulting in overcooked vegetables.
No one wants that!
Put together the foil packet contents:
- In a plastic bag or bowl, combine the chicken breast with the olive oil, lime juice, and taco seasoning. Toss or shake to make sure each breast is coated. Set aside. Combine the cauliflower rice, salsa, diced green chiles, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Set aside. Drain and rinse the black beans.
- Place (4) 16″ x 12″ sheets of Reynolds Wrap® Heavy Duty Foil side by side. To avoid stickiness, you can also use Reynolds Wrap® Non-Stick Foil.
- Layer the middle of each foil packet as seen in the steps below: first the cauliflower rice, followed by the black beans, corn, and bell pepper slices.
- Top each with a seasoned chicken breast.
HOW TO FOLD THESE PACKETS
- Bring together each end of the foil packet, lengthwise. Fold down 2-3 times, making sure to tighten the packet as you go. Don’t fold too tightly as you want there to be enough room for the food to create steam and ventilate while it cooks.
- Fold the ends 2-3 times, as well. Again – leave room for the food to cook.
FIRE UP THE GRILL!
These foil packets are an easy toss-on-the-grill and flip once kind of meal. They will take between 20-25 minutes to cook, flipping halfway through. Time will depend on the thickness of the chicken.
Heat the grill to medium-high heat. Once heated, add the foil packets, vegetable side down, and allow to cook for 10 minutes. Flip and cook for an additional 10 or so minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through. Test for doneness using a meat thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the chicken breast, reaching 165 degrees F.
Carefully remove the packets to a small sheet pan. When cool enough to handle, open each foil packet and sprinkle each chicken breast with shredded Mexican cheese. Leave the packets open and on the sheet pan. Place the sheet pan on the grill and cook for 2-3 more minutes – or until the cheese has melted.
Using oven mitts, remove the sheet pan from the grill. Serve garnished with greek yogurt (or sour cream), freshly chopped cilantro, sliced avocado, jalapeños, and a lime wedge.
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Place the foil packets onto a sheet pan or baking dish vegetable side down. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the internal temperature of the thickest part of the chicken reaches 165 degrees F.
Once done, carefully open the foil packets and sprinkle shredded Mexican cheese on top of each breast. Place the sheet pan back into the oven for 3-4 minutes or until the cheese has melted.
MORE SUMMER RECIPES TO TRY
- Honey Lime Fruit Salad
- Sparkling Strawberry Pineapple Limeade
- Grilled Chili Lime Chicken
- Grilled Bruschetta Chicken with Zoodles
- Yogurt Marinated Fajita Lime Chicken Kebabs
- Cilantro Lime Black Bean and Corn Cauliflower Rice
STILL HUNGRY? FIND ME ON:
FACEBOOK | TWITTER | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST
Santa Fe Chicken Foil Packets
- 4 chicken breasts (6 ounces each, 1" thick)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 teaspoons taco seasoning (of choice)
- 4 cups frozen cauliflower rice
- 1/3 cup salsa, (of choice)
- 4.5 ounce can of diced green chiles
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder (more or less - to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, (more or less - to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, (more or less - to taste)
- (4) 16" x 12" pieces of Reynolds Wrap® Heavy Duty Foil
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1 cup low-sodium black beans, (drained and rinsed)
- 1 cup frozen corn
- freshly chopped cilantro
- lime wedges
- plain greek yogurt, (or sour cream)
- sliced jalapeno
- 1/2 cup freshly shredded Mexican cheese
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat to approximately 450 degrees.
- To a medium mixing bowl, combine olive oil, lime juice, and taco seasoning. Mix well. Add the chicken breasts, tossing to fully coat each breast.Set aside to marinate while you prep the vegetables.
- Combine the cauliflower rice with the salsa, diced green chiles, and garlic powder. Season with salt and pepper - to taste. I used 1 full teaspoon of salt and 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper. Season to your taste/dietary preference.
- Lay each piece of foil side by side on the counter. Spray each with nonstick cooking spray.
- Divide the cauliflower rice, black beans, corn, and bell pepper slices to the center of each piece of foil.
- Place a chicken breast on top of each.
- Bring the ends of each foil packet up, lengthwise, and fold them down together 2 times. Leave room for the food to steam and ventilate. Do the same with the ends.
- Place the packets on the grill, vegetable side down, to cook for 10 minutes. Carefully flip and cook for an additional 10-15 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through.Check doneness by inserting a meat thermometer into the thickest part of the chicken. Temperature should read 165 degrees F.
- Carefully remove the foil packets from the grill and place them onto a small sheet pan. Give them 1-2 minutes to cool to safely touch.
- Open each foil packet and sprinkle with shredded mexican cheese. Leaving the packets open, place the sheet pan onto the grill. Cook for 2-3 additional minutes, or until the cheese has melted.
- Serve garnished with greek yogurt (or sour cream), freshly chopped cilantro, avocado, jalapeno slices, and a lime wedge.