This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclaimer and disclosure policy.
This is the easiest, most unbelievably creamy avocado pesto pasta dish that you will ever try! And it will be on your table in less than 20 minutes.
Making it a perfect meal for those busy nights where you don’t want to think too much when it comes to what you put on the table.
There are so many wonderful things you can do with an avocado. Tonight’s dinner was a mixture of grilled chicken with whole grain pasta tossed with avocado, pesto sauce, garlic powder, lime juice, and greek yogurt – for some extra creaminess! Avocado goes with pesto sauce, to me, like peanut butter goes with jelly. Some things just compliment one another well and addictively.
This recipe is as simple as boiling the pasta, grilling the chicken and tossing the cooked pasta with the avocado pesto sauce.
If you’ve wondered through With Peanut Butter on Top, you’ll find that I have a love for many things. One of them happens to be avocados. I can eat them all on their lonesome, with cottage cheese, with peanut butter (don’t knock it until you try it!), or tossed into a smoothie. You wouldn’t taste it anymore than spinach, I promise.
Let’s not forget guacamole. YUM! Probably one of the best dips invented.
You can toss this avocado pesto sauce with your favorite pasta, or perhaps you’re steering clear of pasta? Try spaghetti squash or spiralized zucchini! The perfect low-carb “pasta” dish!
Chicken Avocado Pesto PastaPrint Recipe Pin Recipe Rate Recipe
Servings: 6 servings
- 1 medium avocado (peeled & pitted)
- 1/2 cup 0% plain Greek yogurt
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 2 tbsp. pesto sauce
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 tbsp. lime juice (or to taste)
- Salt & pepper (to taste)
- 12 oz rotini pasta (or pasta of choice)
- 1 1/2 lbs. boneless (skinless chicken breast - grilled & sliced)
- Place a large pot of water over high heat, bring to a boil, add the pasta and cook according to the directions on the package.
- Once the pasta has been added to the water, combine all ingredients for the sauce into a food processor or blender and process until it reaches a creamy consistency.
- Remove the lid, scrape along the inside of the processor, cover and process an additional 1-2 minutes to ensure everything has blended thoroughly.
- Taste test and add salt and pepper as needed.
- Once the pasta has cooked, strain the pasta & place into a serving dish and toss together with the avocado pesto sauce. Top with grilled chicken and enjoy!
TRIED THIS RECIPE?Tag me @withpeanutbutterontop or use my hashtag #withpeanutbutterontop on Instagram!
Chicken Avocado Pesto Pasta
Amount Per Serving
Calories 407 Calories from Fat 92
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 1.8g9%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
Disclaimer:The nutritional information provided on each recipe on With Peanut Butter on Top is given as a courtesy and as approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site. Nutritional information varies per brand/product. We recommend using an app to calculate full and accurate nutrition based on your ingredients used per recipe. Thank you! 🙂