Whether you’re a child or not, you love chicken bites. These are the best chicken bites you will ever have – full of garlic flavor and crispy-goodness! They are perfect for your little ones, late night snacking, or for social gatherings as finger food. Baked, not fried, so you can enjoy having crispy, delicious chicken – without the guilt.
I don’t know about you, but I’m all about comfort foods made healthier and without the guilt. I made these for dinner one night and enjoyed the leftovers in a salad while my husband enjoyed them in a wrap for his lunch at work.
What I love about chicken nuggets/bites is that you can eat them whenever and they make the best leftover meals. I have had them for breakfast with my runny yolks (yes, you read correctly – try it!), I’ve had it for lunch leftovers on top of a salad, or even on a toasted sub.
Dunk these in your favorite sauce and don’t be afraid to let your inner child out!
- Serves: 4 servings
- Serving size: 1 serving
- Calories: 328
- Fat: 11.6g
- Saturated fat: 3.1g
- Unsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Trans fat: 0.0g
- Carbohydrates: 15.6g
- Sugar: 1.0g
- Sodium: 158mg
- Fiber: 2.5g
- Protein: 39.3g
- Cholesterol: 194mg
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- ½ tsp. ground cumin
- ¼ tsp. onion powder
- ¼ tsp. chili powder
- ¼ tsp. smoked paprika
- 1 cup Panko* breadcrumbs
- 2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch bites
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and prepare a cookie sheet with a layer of aluminum foil, sprayed with nonstick spray.
- Combine the panko breadcrumbs, dried oregano, and dried basil into a food process or blender and process until it reaches a finer texture - approximately 2-3 minutes. Place into a large bowl with the parmesan cheese and set aside.
- Combine remaining seasonings into a medium bowl.
- Add the eggs to a separate bowl and whisk for 1 minute.
- Dip the chicken chunks into the seasonings, thoroughly coating them. Once coated, dunk the chunks into the whisked eggs followed by the panko breadcrumbs mixture.
- Add the chicken to the cookie sheet making sure to evenly space the pieces out. Bake for 10-12 minutes, removing them to flip and cook for an additional 8-10 minutes. Time will be dependent on how thick your chicken chunks are cut.