Easy Roasted Sweet Potato Bites – a simple, crispy and flavorful side to your next dinner or even the perfect salad topper that you won’t be able to stop eating!
Don’t you just love sweet potatoes? They are the perfect compliment to any meal – no matter what you add it to. Ok, I may be stretching that a bit. But I think you get my point on how delicious they are. I know what you’re thinking. I mentioned them being a great topper for salads. Yes, I promise you they are; whether soft or crispy. They are also a wonderful addition to a sandwich, sub or wrap.
Or even in my Sweet Potato taco Wraps with Jalapeño Avocado Sauce (recipe coming this week!)
This is also great as a side dish. It requires minimal ingredients and truly… minimal effort. Now, that’s a win win if you ask me. Especially if you’re pressed for time or just not in the mood for a complicated dish.
I chose to remove the skins, but that is completely optional. I am a fan of skins on as much as I am skins off. My only requirement with potato bites, fries, wedges, etc.? They have to be crispy. Because who wants mushy fries or wedges? Not this girl!
I find that in order to successfully crisp any kind of potato, they need to be tossed in a bit of olive oil and baking them at a high temperature. So toss the potatoes before coating with the seasonings.
Place them onto the prepared cookie/baking sheet, making sure to spread them apart so that they will bake evenly.
And in no time – you will be enjoying delicious, crispy sweet potato perfection. Anyone else dip theirs in either ketchup or mustard? I know that’s generally a white potato thing, but I promise it’s just as good with sweet potatoes!
They are even better dipped in my Greek Yogurt Spinach Guacamole. Give it a try. Avocado and sweet potato compliment each other very well.
- Serves: 1½ cups
- Serving size: ¼ cup
- Calories: 109
- Fat: 1.2g
- Saturated fat: 0.2g
- Unsaturated fat: 0.9g
- Trans fat: 0.0g
- Carbohydrates: 22.9g
- Sugar: 4.8g
- Sodium: 138.7mg
- Fiber: 3.5g
- Protein: 1.9g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- 1½ pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped into ½ inch cubes
- ½ tbsp olive oil
- ¼ tsp salt, more or less to taste
- Pinch of fresh black pepper
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp paprika
- ¼ tsp dried oregano
- ⅛ tsp onion powder
- ¼ tsp chili powder
- ⅛ tsp cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Line a baking/cooking sheet with aluminum foil. Spray with nonstick spray and set aside.
- Peel and chop sweet potatoes into ½ inch cubes.
- Combine all seasonings into a small bowl and the sweet potato into a medium mixing bowl. Mix sweet potatoes with olive oil, tossing to coat.
- Once mixed, slowly incorporate the seasonings, mixing well to evenly coat.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Give the pan a good shake or stir and place back into the oven for an additional 10-15 minutes. Time will be dependent on the size of your sweet potato bites as well as how crispy you prefer yours to be. Keep an eye on them towards the end to avoid burning.