This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclaimer and disclosure policy.
DON’T FORGET TO SUBSCRIBE TO With Peanut Butter on Top TO STAY UP TO DATE WITH NEW RECIPE POSTS – DIRECTLY TO YOUR INBOX! I WILL NEVER SEND YOU SPAM! JUST SCRUMPTIOUS, FREE RECIPES!
Creamy Bacon Parmesan Gnocchi
Creamy Bacon Parmesan Gnocchi - the BEST weeknight side dish or meal! Super tender & crisp gnocchi cooked in a creamy parmesan sauce with loads of flavor! Add chicken or shrimp for a complete meal! Ready in 20 minutes!Print Recipe Pin Recipe Rate Recipe
Servings: 4 servings (as a side)
- 4 strips bacon, (chopped)
- 16 ounces potato gnocchi, (frozen or boxed)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 medium shallot, (can sub with sweet onion)
- 1 cup half and half, (or heavy cream, milk of choice)
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth, (or chicken broth/stock)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, (more or less, to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, (more or less, to taste)
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, (freshly grated)
- 2 cups baby spinach, (roughly chopped)
- black pepper
- red pepper flakes
- freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- While you're waiting for the water to come to a boil, place a large skillet over medium heat. Add the chopped bacon and cook until crisp, approximately 8-10 minutes.
- Using a slotted spoon, remove bacon to a paper towel-lined plate and set aside. Remove all bacon fat from skillet and place back over medium heat, leaving brown bits in the skillet.
- Add gnocchi to the water and cook for 2-3 monutes, or until the gnocchi floats to the top. Follow directions on the package.
- Add butter to skillet. Once melted and bubbling, add the chopped onions and allow to saute 2-3 minutes, or until translucent.
- Drain gnocchi and add it to the pan. Brown both sides 3-5 minutes or until browned and crisp. Season with Italian seasoning, salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Pour in the half and half and broth. Bring to a low boil for 1-2 minutes, allowing it to cook down. Lower to a simmer and cook 3-4 minutes or until the sauce reduces/thickens to your preference.If the sauce is too thick, pour in a splash or two of broth until the sauce thins out.
- Add in the parmesan cheese, stirring continuously until the cheese has melted and the sauce is creamy. Add the chopped spinach and cook 1-2 minutes, or until wilted.
- Serve garnished with black pepper and freshly grated parmesan cheese with your favorite baked bread!
Bacon: I find it easier to cook the bacon pre-chopped, as it helps to not only cook it faster, but crisper than by cooking it in slices. Half & Half: Can be substituted with heavy cream or milk of choice. Vegetable Broth: Can be substituted with chicken broth or vegetable/chicken stock for an extra punch of flavor.
TRIED THIS RECIPE?Tag me @withpeanutbutterontop or use my hashtag #withpeanutbutterontop on Instagram!
Creamy Bacon Parmesan Gnocchi
Amount Per Serving (1 serving)
Calories 466 Calories from Fat 234
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 13g65%
Trans Fat 1g
Vitamin A 1973IU39%
Vitamin C 5mg6%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
Disclaimer:The nutritional information provided on each recipe on With Peanut Butter on Top is given as a courtesy and as approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site. Nutritional information varies per brand/product. We recommend using an app to calculate full and accurate nutrition based on your ingredients used per recipe. Thank you! 🙂