Skinny Taco Salad - Meal Prep
Skinny Taco Salad - comes together quickly and easily, all in one pan. Great low-carb, high protein light lunch option or to make ahead for meal prep!
Servings 4 servings
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 1/2 bell pepper, any color, diced
- 1 lb 93% lean ground turkey
- 1/2 tsp salt, more or less, to taste
- 1/4 tsp black pepper, more or less, to taste
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp cayenne red pepper, optional *WILL add heat!
- 3 cloves garlic, minced - 1 1/2 tsp minced
- 2 tbsp salsa, your favorite salsa
- 1/3 cup no salt added tomato sauce
- 8 cups chopped romaine
- 1/2 cup salsa, your favorite salsa
- 1/2 cup pico de gallo, store-bought or homemade
- 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt, or sub sour cream
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese, or mexican blend
- lime wedges
- freshly chopped cilantro
Place a large nonstick pan over medium heat and add the olive oil.
Once heated, add the onions and peppers. Sauté 3-4 minutes or until the onions are translucent. Add the minced garlic and cook 1 minute.
Add the ground turkey, breaking it apart with a wooden spoon as it cooks. Once it is halfway cooked, add the seasonings, stir well and cook until browned.
Add in salsa and tomato sauce, stirring well to fully incorporate. Lower the heat to a simmer. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
Remove and divide the meat and sides into four separate meal prep containers, sandwich bags, and dressing containers.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 265kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 35g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 66mg | Sodium: 958mg | Potassium: 804mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 9400IU | Vitamin C: 27.6mg | Calcium: 146mg | Iron: 2.6mg