Garlic Butter Pesto Avocado Toast
Step up your avocado toast game with this super simple, healthy, and delicious Garlic Butter Pesto Avocado Toast! Comes together in 5 minutes or less, great with a runny egg or pasta dish, and guaranteed to be your new favorite snack.
Servings 2 servings
- 2 slices whole wheat bread, or bread of choice
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 1 1/2 tbsp basil pesto
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 medium avocado, peeled and pitted
- 1/4 tsp salt, more or less, to taste
- 1/8 tsp black pepper, more or less, to taste
- 1/2 lime - juiced (or lemon) more or less, to taste
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup broccoli sprouts
- 2 tbsp shaved parmesan cheese, or your favorite cheese
- lightly dried or fresh parsley, optional, sub with basil
Toast 2 slices of your favorite bread in a toaster until lightly browned and crispy. Or until desired doneness.
In a small mixing bowl, mash the avocado with the salt, pepper, and lime juice.
When the toast is ready, combine the melted butter, pesto sauce, and minced garlic. Brush over each slice of toast. Top with the avocado mixture.
Garnish each toast with tomatoes, sprouts, parsley, and shaved parmesan cheese. Best eaten promptly.
LEMON/LIME JUICE: This addition is completely optional. It helps to enhance the flavor of the mashed avocado as well as slow down the browning process.
GARLIC: Add to your taste bud preference. Same with the salt and pepper. If you're unsure of flavors of any ingredients, error on the side of caution and add a little at a time and adjust as needed.
Nutritional information may be more or less depending on the bread you use. If you prefer exact nutrition, I recommend using an app- such as MyFitnessPal for exact nutrition.
Serving: 1slice | Calories: 356kcal | Carbohydrates: 23g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 27g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 20mg | Sodium: 596mg | Potassium: 638mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 775IU | Vitamin C: 19mg | Calcium: 116mg | Iron: 1.5mg