No-Bake Double Chocolate Peanut Butter Bites
Easy and quick to make protein bites that are great for meal prep, are kid-friendly, and great for grabbing on the go! If you love chocolate and peanut butter, then this is the treat for you.
Servings 15 -16 bites
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup honey, or maple syrup
- 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1-2 tbsp water, as needed
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
Combine all ingredients, minus the crushed pecans, into a food processor and process until thoroughly mixed and thickened. 2-3 minutes.
Refrigerate for 15-20 minutes to thicken, if needed to thicken.
Using a 2-tablespoon scoop, roll out 15-16 balls. Squeeze firmly together, if needed, and roll tightly.
Add the mini chocolate chips to a place and gently, but firmly press each ball into the chips, coating the outside of each one. Re-roll, if needed
Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week. Or into a freezer-safe container or bag for up to 1 month.
- Using a cookie scoop truly helps to not only roll these balls, but also to get even portions.
- These are freezer-friendly. Store in an airtight container or freezer-safe bag for up to 1 month. Fridge - up to 1 week.
- Parchment paper is great for separating these if you need to stack them in a small container.
- If the mixture seems dry, add 1-2 tablespoons of honey or peanut butter. If it seems to be too dry, add a little extra oatmeal. The balls should be firm and chewy, as well as a little sticky.
- These bites tend to be sticky, so placing them in the fridge helps to firm them up a bit, making rolling easier.
Serving: 1bite | Calories: 109kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 61mg | Potassium: 92mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 5IU | Calcium: 16mg | Iron: 0.6mg