Birthday Cake Overnight Oats
Start your morning off right with this delightfully delicious, guilt-free breakfast option! Super easy to make, comes together in 5 minutes and uses only a handful of healthy ingredients.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Soak Time: 2 hours
Servings 4 servings
- 2 cups old fashioned oats, or oats of choice - rolled, gluten-free, instant (not packet)
- 1/4 tsp salt, more or less, to taste
- 2 cups unsweetened cashew milk, can sub with cows milk, coconut milk, soy milk, or almond milk)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract,
- 1/2 tsp+ butter extract, or vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp sprinkles
- 1-2 tbsp stevia, more or less - to taste, honey, maple syrup, brown sugar, etc.
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
Combine all ingreidnets (minus sprinkles) into a medium-sized bowl and mix until thoroughly combined.Add salt and sweetener - to taste.
Divide among 4 mason jars or bowls and refrigerate, covered, for a minimum of 2 hours to overnight.
When ready to eat, remove from fridge and stir in the sprinkles. Add any additional fruit or nut butter for extra flavoring.
- Remember to sweeten the oats to taste. You can use any sweetener you prefer. Some people may prefer more sweetness than others. Add at your discretion.
- Shelf life: good for 3-4 days, sealed and refrigerated.
- If you prefer thinner oats, I recommend adding a splash or two of extra milk the next morning before serving.
- Not a fan of cold oats? Warm in the microwave for 30-60 seconds prior to serving.
- If using flavored yogurt, cut back on the extract and sweetener, as the yogurt will already come with these flavorings.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 204kcal | Carbohydrates: 34g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 3mg | Sodium: 166mg | Potassium: 217mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 7g | Calcium: 76mg | Iron: 1.7mg