Grilled Bruschetta Chicken with Zoodles
Perfectly grilled chicken topped with melted mozzarella cheese, fresh tomato bruschetta, and drizzled with a sweet, tangy balsamic glaze. Serve this over zoodles, pasta, or a salad!
Servings 4 servings
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, approximately 1 1/2 lbs
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 1/2 tsp salt, more or less, to taste
- 1/2 tsp pepper, more or less, to taste
- 1 tbsp dried Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil for sauteeing chicken
- 6 roma tomatoes, stem removed and sliced, remove seeds if preferred
- 2 tbsp lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1/3 cup chopped red onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 tsp salt, more or less, to taste
- 1/8 tsp pepper, more or less, to taste
- 10-12 basil leaves, roughly chopped
- 4 oz fresh mozzarella ball, sliced into 4 slices
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 4 large zucchini, spiralized
- Freshly chopped basil
- Lemon wedges
- Balsamic glaze
Combine all ingredients for the marinade into a large ziploc bag (or bowl). Add the chicken, seal the bag and toss to thoroughly coat.Allow to marinade for at least 15 minutes. While the chicken is marinating, combine all of the ingredients for the bruschetta topping. Gently toss to combine. Spiralize the zucchini into zoodles.Set both aside. Place a large grill pan or cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. Once the pan is hot, add 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil and then add the chicken (discarding any leftover marinade).Grill/cook 3-4 minutes and flip to cook 3-4 minutes on the other side. Top with the mozzarella cheese, allowing time for it to melt.Cook chicken until the internal temperature of the thickest part reads 165 degrees F using a meat thermometer. Remove to a plate and cover with foil to keep warm.
Place the same pan back over medium-high heat. Add the teaspoon of minced garlic and saute for 30 seconds. Add the zoodles and saute for 2-3 minutes, stirring a few times.
Saute until the zoodles just begin to soften. Create a small space to return the chicken breasts to the pan to re-warm.
Top each chicken breast with the bruschetta topping and remove from heat. Serve garnished with a drizzle of balsamic glaze, additional basil, a squeeze of lemon juice, and parmesan cheese.Top dishes off with any leftover bruschetta for extra flavor!
- Toss the bruschetta gently once more prior to topping each chicken breast off with it and adding it to your bowl if you prefer extra.
- If your grill pan is not deep or if you prefer - place a separate, deep pan over medium-high heat to saute the zoodles. You will need space for the zoodles when first added, but they will cook down a bit by the time you add the chicken.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 476kcal | Carbohydrates: 20g | Protein: 52g | Fat: 25g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 119mg | Sodium: 1269mg | Potassium: 1547mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 12g | Vitamin A: 1495IU | Vitamin C: 81mg | Calcium: 353mg | Iron: 2mg