DIY Deli Style Protein Box
An easy, low-carb and high-protein meal prep option that is perfect as a healthy lunch, snack or post-workout snack. Comes together in no time and is fully customizable.
Servings 4 servings
- 4 hard boiled eggs, homemade or store-bought
- 1 medium cucumber, sliced
- 1/2 lb sliced roast beef,
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 2 oz sharp cheddar cheese, cubed
- 2 oz colby-jack cheese, cubed
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 1 large avocado *SEE NOTES BELOW
- Lime juice, for the avocado *SEE NOTES BELOW
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
- Red pepper flakes, to taste
HELPFUL MEAL PREPPING TIPS:
- This recipe makes 4 protein boxes that can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 4 days minimum and 7 days maximum.
- I recommend keeping the eggs whole, rather than slicing them. They are sliced merely for photos. They dry out slightly when sliced and sitting.
- Avocado: Aim for an avocado that is still on the harder side. NOT rock hard, mind you. Check under the stem for ripeness. If it is green underneath the stem, then the avocado is perfect. If it's more of a brown, then its overly ripe and I do not recommend slicing and prepping. You can slice an avocado (with a green stem) the night before or the morning of. To keep it from turning, squeeze lemon or lime juice over the top. I also find adding a touch of sea salt helps, as well.
Serving: 1Box | Calories: 556kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 33g | Fat: 42g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 247mg | Sodium: 1102mg | Potassium: 918mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 1015IU | Vitamin C: 49.2mg | Calcium: 466mg | Iron: 4mg