Healthy Garden Chicken Salad
Healthy Garden Chicken Salad that is super simple to make and comes together quickly - no cooking required! Creamy, crunchy, and very filling. This recipe is great for meal prepping, a quick lunch or snack option, or perfect for a post-workout snack.
Servings 4 servings
- 1 lb cooked chicken, shredded
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 1 cup grapes, halved
- 1/2 cup celery
- 1/2 cup tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 3/4 cup 2% plain greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1/3 cup mayo
- 1 tsp salt, to taste
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp dried dill weed
- 1-2 tbsp lemon juice
In a large bowl, combine the shredded chicken, chopped scallions, grapes, celery, tomatoes, and pecans.
To a second bowl, combine the greek yogurt, honey, mayo, salt, pepper, garlic powder, dill, and lemon juice. Whisk to thoroughly combine. Taste test and adjust the salt and pepper, as needed.
Combine the yogurt mixture with the chicken mixture and gently stir to combine.
Serve cold over a salad, in a sandwich, or with your favorite crackers.
STORE: Refrigerate in an airtight container for 4-5 days.
- NUTS: If you don't have pecans, substitute with slivered or sliced almonds. I recommend adding the nuts prior to eating if you prefer the extra crunch to your salad. Nuts will begin to soften as the salad sits.
- MAYO: If you're not a fan, simply omit and add extra plain greek yogurt!
- SALT: Season with salt and pepper to your taste preference. If the one teaspoon this recipe calls for seems too much for you, start with 1/4-1/2 tsp and add accordingly.
Serving: 1cup | Calories: 371kcal | Carbohydrates: 17g | Protein: 29g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 80mg | Sodium: 896mg | Potassium: 684mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 12g | Vitamin A: 270IU | Vitamin C: 6.8mg | Calcium: 79mg | Iron: 1.2mg