Baked Crispy Spicy Chicken Nuggets
This recipe is easy to make, absolutely delicious, and perfect for all ages. The chicken is tender and juicy on the inside, while perfectly crispy on the outside!
Servings 4 people
- 1.5 lb chicken breast boneless, skinless, cut into approximately 40 bite-sized pieces
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup breadcrumbs regular
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika or regular
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 large egg beaten
- 2 tbsp Franks Hot Sauce or hot sauce of choosing
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Spray a baking sheet with nonstick spray.
In a shallow dish, combine: flour, breadcrumbs, chili powder, smoked paprika, red pepper flakes, garlic powder, onion powder, and salt. Toss to thoroughly combine.
In a separate bowl, combine the hot sauce with the beaten egg.
Dip each piece of chicken into the hot sauce mix and then into the breadcrumb mix. Firmly press the breading onto each piece and then place onto the baking sheet.
Using nonstick cooking spray, give the nuggets a generous sweep of the spray. I used olive oil. This will help to crisp them as they bake.
Bake for 8 minutes. Remove from the oven to flip and allow to bake 8-10 additional minutes. Time will be dependent on how large your nuggets are, so its best to check at 5 minutes. Bake until no longer pink or internal temperature should read 165 degrees F.
Serve with your favorite sauce!
- If you're not a fan of the heat, simply omit the hot sauce, crushed red pepper flakes, and chipotle pepper!
- These are baked using regular breadcrumbs. Be careful to not buy the seasoned kind.
- You can sub the all-purpose flour for whole wheat flour or flour of your choosing.
- How long the nuggets take to bake will be dependent on how large your nuggets are cut. Be sure to check that the insides are no longer pink and that the internal temperature reaches a safe 165 degrees F.
Serving: 10nuggets | Calories: 361kcal | Carbohydrates: 28g | Protein: 42g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 155mg | Sodium: 803mg | Potassium: 723mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 515IU | Vitamin C: 2.1mg | Calcium: 65mg | Iron: 2.8mg