Creamy Cucumber Avocado Salad
Easy and quick Creamy Cucumber Avocado Salad that is the best side dish for any party or gathering. Comes together in minutes with only a handful of simple, healthy ingredients.
Servings 6 1-cup servings
- 3 large cucumbers, sliced 1/8-1/4" thick - approximately 6 cups
- 1 small red onion thinly sliced
- 2 medium avocados, peeled, pited, and sliced
- 1/2 tsp salt, more or less- to taste
- 1/4 tsp black pepper, more or less - to taste
- 1/2 cup whole milk plain Greek yogurt or sour cream *SEE NOTES BELOW
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp olive oil mayo
- 1 tbsp lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 2-3 tbsp fresh dill, chopped
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
SALT: Season to taste. If you're watching your sodium intake, I recommend adding 1/4 teaspoon, taste testing and adding more as needed.
DILL: Personally, I love dill, so I added an extra tablespoon (3 tbsp total) to mine. If you're unsure, add 2 tablespoons and go from there.
GREEK YOGURT/SOUR CREAM: Chobani makes a squeezable, easy-to-use resealable pouch now! Which makes use a bit easier if you use greek yogurt for a replacement to sour cream. You can use either in this recipe. But if you are watching your caloric intake (or fat), I recommend trying this recipe with Whole Milk Plain Greek yogurt.
LEMON JUICE: If you like more of a tangy taste to salads, try adding a little extra lemon juice to the dressing! Taste test before adding more than listed.
Serving: 1cup | Calories: 186kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 7g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 4mg | Sodium: 244mg | Potassium: 579mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 215IU | Vitamin C: 13.9mg | Calcium: 47mg | Iron: 0.7mg