Sweet Sriracha Chicken Bowls
Incredibly delicious and easy to make Sweet Sriracha Chicken Bowls. Juicy, tender chicken coated in a sweet and spicy sticky sauce that is served over rice and steamed broccoli. Sure to be a crowd pleaser!
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
Servings 4 servings
- 1 1/2 lbs chicken breast, cut into 1 1/2 inch chunks
- 2 1/2 tbsp cornstarch
- salt and peper, to taste
- 2 tbsp butter
- 6 tbsp Sriracha sauce, more or less, to taste *SEE NOTES BELOW
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 tbsp + 2 tsp tsp low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper, optional
- 1/4 tsp black pepper, more or less, to taste
- 1/4 tsp salt, more or less, to taste
- 2 cups cooked white rice
- 4 cups steamed broccoli florets
- freshly chopped chives
- sesame seeds
Place a large nonstick sauce pan over medium heat with butter.
To a Ziploc bag, combine chicken and season with salt and pepper. Add in the cornstarch, seal the bag and toss to thoroughly coat.
Once the butter is melted and bubbling, add the chicken, shaking off any excess cornstarch.
Cook chicken 2-3 minutes per side or until the internal temperature reaches 155-160 degrees F using a meat thermometer.
While the chicken is cooking, combine ingredients for sauce into a medium-sized mixing bowl.
Once the chicken has reached an internal temperature of 155-160 degrees F, drizzle the sauce over and toss to coat.
Allow sauce to simmer, stirring frequently, 3-4 minutes, or until the sauce has thickened and the chicken is cooked through (165 degrees F). Sauce will thicken as it sits.
Remove from heat and served over rice and broccoli.
Garnish with sesame seeds and freshly chopped chives.
Divide chicken and sauce into four separate meal prep containers with 1/2 cup of rice and 1 cup of broccoli. Seal with lids and store in the refrigerator until ready to eat.
HELPFUL TIPS TO CONSIDER:
- HEAT FACTOR: This recipe calls for 6 tablespoons of sriracha - which means this recipe, as is, will be pretty hot. Your mouth will feel it! If you like it hot, keep the recipe as is. If you prefer a subtle bit of heat, lower it to 2 to 2 1/2 tablespoons of sriracha and replace the 2 to 2 1/2 tablespoons of missing sriracha with honey and soy sauce. You can also omit the cayenne pepper.
- SODIUM: I used regular, salted butter in this recipe with a little bit of salt added and low-sodium soy sauce. If using regular soy sauce, omit the additional salt added and season to taste when done cooking.
- RICE: You can easily swap out the white rice for brown rice, quinoa, or Cauliflower Rice.
-- If omitting white rice and wanting to know the nutrition without: per serving (of 4) of Sweet Sriracha Chicken: 468 calories, 48.5g carbs, 38.8g protein, 11g fat, 5g sat fat, 124mg cholesterol, 880mg sodium, 1.7 dietary fiber, 39g sugar, 14.6% Daily Value Vit. A, 76.5% DV Vit. C, 5.3% DV Calcium, 8.5% DV Iron
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 571kcal | Carbohydrates: 71g | Protein: 41g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 124mg | Sodium: 884mg | Potassium: 914mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 40g | Vitamin A: 730IU | Vitamin C: 63.1mg | Calcium: 58mg | Iron: 1.6mg