Lemon Garlic and Feta Pasta Salad
An easy, light and refreshing pasta salad jam-packed full of veggies and flavor. Sure to be a hit at your next family function or party!
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 25 minutes
Servings 10 people
- 1 large english cucumber sliced in half lengthwise, then into slices
- 1 12 oz jar of roasted red peppers drained and chopped
- 1/2 medium red onion thinly sliced
- 8 oz cherry tomatoes quartered
- 1.5 cups chopped romaine
- 1/2 cup arugula
- 1/3 cup feta cheese
- 1 medium avocado peeled, pitted and diced
- 1 lb penne pasta or pasta of choice
- 1/2 cup lemon olive oil* *see notes below
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 tsp salt or to taste
- 1/4 tsp black pepper or to taste
- 1 tsp honey or sweetener of choice
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried basil
- extra lemon juice to taste, if preferred
Cook pasta in a large pot with a generous amount of salt until al dente - time will be dependent on pasta used, so follow instruction on the package.
While the pasta is cooking, prepare the dressing by combining all ingredients into a small mixing bowl, whisking together until mixed. Place in a covered dish and into the refrigerator until ready to use.
Once the pasta is ready, drain while running under cold water approximately 60-90 seconds or until the pasta has cooled through. It helps to either use your hand or a spoon to stir the pasta to ensure it cools quickly and evenly.
Into a large serving bowl, combine pasta and vegetables listed above. Add dressing and toss to coat, followed by the feta cheese and diced avocado.
Serve garnished with additional avocado, feta cheese, basil, and oregano.
- Prep the night before or the day of. Simply add the romaine, arugula, and avocado just before serving. The greens will soften and the avocado will turn quickly if left to sit/soak overnight.
- If you cannot find lemon olive oil in your local grocery store, simply combine olive oil and lemon juice together. I would recommend 1/3 cup of olive oil with 1/4 cup of freshly squeezed lemon juice.
- I recommend cooking the pasta with a generous amount of salt in the water until it reaches an al dente texture. Once drained, run under cold water until the pasta reaches a cool temperature. The salt will help prevent the pasta from clumping together and the cold water will help speed up the cooling process, thus cutting back on prep time.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 229kcal | Carbohydrates: 22.6g | Protein: 4.2g | Fat: 14.6g | Saturated Fat: 2.4g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1.5g | Monounsaturated Fat: 9.4g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 2.7mg | Sodium: 214.5mg | Potassium: 166.9mg | Fiber: 2.5g | Sugar: 3.6g | Vitamin A: 665IU | Vitamin C: 20.4mg | Calcium: 17mg | Iron: 0.9mg