This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclaimer and disclosure policy.
One of my favorite places to eat is Chipotle. I absolutely love their Chicken and Rice Bowl. I could stand there and add as many toppings as they have to give me and love every single bite. But I certainly do not love the guilt that comes with indulging in such a meal. Which is where this Mock Chipotle Chicken and Rice Bowl recipe comes into play. I am always looking to healthify any of my favorite comfort foods and this was certainly smack dab on the money in comparison.
For healthier options, I recommend using plain Greek yogurt in substitution for the sour cream. I chose to combine the Greek yogurt with a bit of Sriracha to bring my dish some heat, but feel free to leave out the Sriracha if you’re not a fan.
- 8 oz. chicken breast (cubed)
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1/8 tsp. chili powder
- 1/4 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp. cajun seasoning
- 1/2 tsp. extra virgin olive oil
- Salt & pepper (to taste)
Garlic Sriracha Cream Sauce:
- 1/4 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1-2 tsp.Sriracha (more or less to taste)
- 1/2 tsp. minced garlic
- Juice of 1/2 small lime
- 1 bell pepper (chopped)
- 1/4 cup black beans
- Juice of 1/2 small lime
- 1/2 cup brown rice (uncooked)
- 1/2 avocado (sliced)
- Cook rice according to the package. While the water is boiling for the rice, place a non-stick pan over medium heat.
- Combine all ingredients (minus olive oil) for the chicken into a medium mixing bowl and toss to coat.
- Add the olive oil to the heated pan, allow to heat slightly and then add the chicken mixture.
- Cover and allow to cook 4-5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- While the chicken is cooking, combine ingredients for the Sriracha cream sauce into a mixing bowl and stir well. Set aside.
- During the last few minutes of cooking the chicken, add the bell peppers and cook until they have softened.
- Remove from heat, add the black beans to the pan, cover, and set aside.
- Once the rice is done cooking, squeeze 1/2 small lime over the top and stir well.
- Layer your "bowl"- rice, chicken and veggie mixture, followed by the cream sauce & a dash of dried basil (optional).
TRIED THIS RECIPE?Tag me @withpeanutbutterontop or use my hashtag #withpeanutbutterontop on Instagram!
Chipotle Chicken and Rice Bowl
Amount Per Serving
Calories 489 Calories from Fat 62
% Daily Value*
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
Disclaimer:The nutritional information provided on each recipe on With Peanut Butter on Top is given as a courtesy and as approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site. Nutritional information varies per brand/product. We recommend using an app to calculate full and accurate nutrition based on your ingredients used per recipe. Thank you! 🙂