This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclaimer and disclosure policy.
I love avocados. Those three little words seem like the biggest understatement for how I truly feel about this delicious, green, buttery fruit.
I love anything and everything about them. Whether they are baked in cookies or cakes, served with cottage cheese, on a salad, or maybe even in stuffed into a chicken breast? And what’s not to love about them? They are jam packed full of nutrients – mainly healthy monounsaturated fat (healthy fats!) and fiber.
Tonight I decided to stuff chicken breasts (because who doesn’t love stuffed chicken breast??) with an avocado tomato cream sauce. And… it … was… delightful!
Give it a try, avo-fan! And if you’re new to avocados, I bet you’re a fan once you try this dish!
Avocado Cream Sauce:
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 scallion (chopped fine)
- 1/2 tbsp. fresh cilantro (chopped)
- 1/2 tsp. minced garlic
- Salt & pepper (to taste)
- 2 tbsp. Tofutti Cream Cheese (or cream cheese of choice)
- 2 tbsp. 0% plain Greek yogurt (or choice)
Chicken & Seasonings:
- 4 oz. boneless (skinless chicken breasts, 4)
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 1/4 cup No Salt Added diced tomatoes
- 1 tsp. garlic powder (divided 4 ways)
- 1 tsp. oregano (divided 4 ways)
- 1 tsp. Mrs. Dash Chicken seasoning
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Spray an 8 x 8 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Slice the edges of each chicken breast and fold open.
- In a mixing bowl, combine all seasonings for the chicken and stir well. Rub the seasonings onto the tops of the chicken breasts. In a separate mixing bowl combine all ingredients for the cream sauce. Be sure to mash the avocado thoroughly.
- Divide the cream sauce into the inside of each chicken breast.
- Add 1 tbsp. of tomatoes to the top of each cream sauce, followed by the garlic powder and oregano.
- Fold the chicken breast over and close with a toothpick.
- Season the top with Mrs. Dash Chicken seasoning and place into the oven for 30-40 minutes.Time will be dependent on the thickness of the chicken breast. Watch it at 30 minutes. Remove from oven and enjoy!
TRIED THIS RECIPE?Tag me @withpeanutbutterontop or use my hashtag #withpeanutbutterontop on Instagram!
Avocado Cream Stuffed Chicken
Amount Per Serving
Calories 247 Calories from Fat 56
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6.2g 10%
Saturated Fat 1.5g 8%
Cholesterol 99mg 33%
Sodium 157mg 7%
Total Carbohydrates 4.7g 2%
Dietary Fiber 2g 8%
Protein 26.8g 54%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
Disclaimer:The nutritional information provided on each recipe on With Peanut Butter on Top is given as a courtesy and as approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site. Nutritional information varies per brand/product. We recommend using an app to calculate full and accurate nutrition based on your ingredients used per recipe. Thank you! 🙂