You can never go wrong when combining strawberries and cream cheese. Or even strawberries and chocolate. I’m starting to second guess today’s breakfast now. I should have added a drizzle of chocolate. Or a stuffing of chocolate somewhere in that french toast. Ahh well, next time!
I love a breakfast where I feel like I can satisfy my sweet tooth in an indulging way, but also keep it healthy! This recipe calls for Ezekiel bread, but feel free to use the bread of your choosing.
Try this Strawberries and Cream Cheese French Toast recipe on your lazy Sunday morning and let me know what you think! If you’ve never replaced cream cheese with greek yogurt – what are you waiting for?? You know the more liquid you remove from the greek yogurt, the thicker and creamier it gets. Resembling cream cheese more and more.
Strawberries and Cream Cheese French Toast
Author: With Peanut Butter on Top
- Serves: 1 serving
- Serving size: 1
- Calories: 409
- Fat: 6.3g
- Saturated fat: 0.7g
- Unsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Trans fat: 0.0g
- Carbohydrates: 62.9g
- Sugar: 29.2g
- Sodium: 252mg
- Fiber: 8.1g
- Protein: 22.0g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- 2 slices Ezekiel Sprouted Grain, or bread of choice
- ½ tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 large egg whites
- ¼ cup plain Greek yogurt
- ¼ tsp. vanilla extract
- Sweetener, of choice & to taste
- ¼ cup sliced strawberries
- 5 raw pecans
- 2 tbsp. pure maple syrup
- Preheat large nonstick pan over medium heat.
- In a mixing bowl, combine cinnamon, extract & egg whites. Whisk until thoroughly mixed. Dip the bread in and allow it to soak while the pan heats up.
- Once heated, add the toast to the pan. Allow it to cook 2-3 minutes or so before flipping. I don't like mine soggy in any way, so I leave mine on long enough to crisp the outside slightly, while the inside is still somewhat soft. But you can cook yours to your level of crispness.
While the toast is cooking, combine the Greek yogurt, remaining extract & sweetener in a bowl and mix well. This is the "cream cheese" topping.
- Once the French toast is done, drizzle the "cream cheese" over the top, and add the pecans, strawberries & maple syrup. Or the toppings of your choice.