I decided to take the classic garlic french bread and turn it up a notch by combining it with one of my favorite dips – Spinach Dip! If you love cheesy garlic bread + spinach dip, then you will love this Spinach Dip Garlic Bread recipe!
What’s not to love when it comes to bubbly (slightly burnt) cheesy goodness on top of a loaf of bread?? Sounds like a carnivore’s dream (mine) if you ask me!
This recipe is incredibly fast and easy to make. What could be easier (or better) than slicing a delicious loaf of bread in half and adding toppings? Exactly. Nothing. I used a multigrain loaf from my local bakery. French bread, or any soft loaf, works just the same.
Slice the loaf of bread in half, lengthwise, and place onto a prepared baking sheet.
Probably the best part – spreading on that creamy spinach goodness. Feel free to lick the knife. What’s the point of cooking if you can’t nibble while doing so?
Follow it up with the cheese, roasted red peppers and parsley!
You can learn How To Roast Red Peppers with my step-by-step guide. So simple you’ll smack yourself for buying the store bought ones all this time!
I also added a dash of garlic powder over the loaves as well as a pinch of crushed red pepper flakes, but this is completely optional. The garlic powder will give it a touch more of a garlic-y flavor, while the red pepper flakes will give it a bit of heat.
Pop it into the oven at 375 degrees F for approximately 15-20 minutes, checking at 12 minutes, or until the cheese has melted.
Obviously I love to burn my cheese a bit. Once the cheese has melted, set the oven to broil on LOW for 2-3 minutes – time dependent on how burnt you prefer your cheese. I would advise watching as you may end up with charred bread if not. Ask me how I know….
Slice and serve at your next get together, as a compliment to your next pasta dish – or like me, call it a cheesy carbalicious meal in itself.
- Serves: 24 slices
- Serving size: 1 slice
- Calories: 73
- Fat: 1.6 g
- Saturated fat: 0.7 g
- Unsaturated fat: 0.0 g
- Trans fat: 0.0 g
- Carbohydrates: 10.8 g
- Sugar: 1.3 g
- Sodium: 143.1 mg
- Fiber: 0.5 g
- Protein: 4.4 g
- Cholesterol: 4.6 mg
- 1 cup 0% plain greek yogurt
- ½ tsp. onion powder
- black pepper, to taste
- ¼ sea salt, more or less to taste
- 1 tbsp. minced garlic, approx. 6 cloves
- 1 (3oz) container of fresh baby spinach
- 1 loaf multigrain bread, or French bread
- Dash of garlic powder
- Pinch of crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 roasted red bell pepper, sliced
- 1¼ cup mozzarella cheese
- 1 tbsp. freshly chopped parsley
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Slice the loaf of bread in half, lengthwise, and place cut-side up on the baking sheet.
- Place a non-stick pan over medium heat. Once heated, spray with non-stick cooking spray and add in the spinach and minced garlic - cooking until the spinach is wilted.
- While the spinach is cooking, combine remaining ingredients for the Spinach Dip in a small bowl.
- Once the spinach has wilted, add both it and the minced garlic to the bowl and stir until combined.
- Spread the spinach dip over both slices of bread, followed by the roasted red bell pepper slices, parsley, garlic powder and red pepper flakes.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the cheese has melted. If you like your cheese a little on the burnt side, set the oven to broil on LOW for 2-3 minutes - keeping an eye on it and removing once done to your preference.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool a few minutes before slicing into 12 equal slices per half.