Sauteed brussels sprouts are one of the most delicious veggies, especially when they are shredded and sauteed with garlic! If you’re not a fan of brussels sprouts, I suggest trying them shredded and sautéed!
I’ve been actively trying to find a balance between eating as many plant-based foods as possible and working animal products out of my diet. I am not sure if it’s something I will stick with or if I will remove them completely. But I am always willing to try new things! I don’t like to feel as though my eating lifestyle has to fit into any particular mold or box. I believe in eating as nutritiously as possible, but also being happy and content with what you are eating. If you’re not all about the plant-based, paleo, fully raw, et cetera lifestyle — that’s completely fine! Follow your taste buds. Do what you can and be happy with it. Don’t try and fit into a box of eating this and not that, counting calories, restricting this and not that, if it doesn’t make you happy! Eating healthy isn’t meant to be stressful.
Clean and healthy eating is meant to be enjoyable – not restrictive. It’s designed to fill you will a nutritious and energetic life, not leave you feeling deprived and hungry. No matter where you are starting on your journey, follow your gut and do what makes you happy and comfortable.
This recipe is made for two people, but can be split into a side dish for four people. It’s jam packed with Vitamin’s A & C! And did you see?? 1 (of 2) serving provides 16.5g plant-based protein!
- Serves: 2 servings
- Serving size: 1 serving
- Calories: 244
- Fat: 4
- Saturated fat: 0.2g
- Unsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Trans fat: 0.0g
- Carbohydrates: 45.6g
- Sugar: 6g
- Sodium: 233.6mg
- Fiber: 14.4g
- Protein: 16.5g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1 cup chopped kale
- 8 oz mini bella mushrooms, chopped, or mushrooms of choice
- 2 bell peppers, chopped
- 5 cups shredded brussels sprouts
- 1 tbsp. minced garlic
- ¼ cup chopped red onion
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- ¼ tsp. onion powder
- ¼ cup Go Veggie Dairy Free Mozzarella Shreds, or cheese of choice
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- With a sharp knife, finely shred the brussels sprouts and chop the peppers, garlic, kale and mushrooms.
- Place a large deep nonstick pan over medium-low heat. Once heated, spray heavily with nonstick cooking spray. Add the garlic and allow to cook until it has turned golden. Add the shredded brussels sprouts, chopped onion and bell peppers. Saute on medium-low heat for approximately 3-5 minutes, or until the peppers and onions have cooked down a bit and the sprouts have crisped slightly.
- Add the kale, mushrooms and all seasonings.
- Saute an additional 3-5 minutes. Remove from heat and top with cheese. Enjoy!