People who like guacamole (or pasta) are just good people. Period.
You can never go wrong with a big plate of warm pasta — in any form. Live. Love. Pasta.If you know me, you know that I have a major love for anything avocado. It is such a versatile fruit.
Yes, I said fruit. That big ol’ pit in the center? That’s considered a seed!
In my quest to continuously spice up dinner, I decided what better way than to combine guacamole + pasta? I mean, we dip chips and bread into guac, so why not swirl some pasta in there?
I highly recommend trying this dish. Maybe even crush some tortillas over the top to make it more festive?
But.. if you’re looking for a low-carb option to your favorite pasta dishes, might I suggest spiralized zucchini or yellow squash, or even spaghetti squash, as a pasta substitute? It’s worth the try — I promise! From one pasta lover to another.
Feel free to check out and try my:
- Grilled Salmon with Pesto ‘Zoodles’
- Lemon Pesto Shrimp Squashetti
- Spaghetti Squash Spaghetti with Turkey Meatballs
- Cheesy Squash Casserole
Have you noticed the trend here? Most dishes into pesto sauce! Yes, I can add pesto to anything as well.
This Pesto Guacamole Fettuccine takes approximately 25 minutes to make and is seriously delicious!
- Serves: 4 servings
- Serving size: 2 oz pasta, 4 oz chicken breast
- Calories: 542
- Fat: 19.3g
- Saturated fat: 2.7g
- Unsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Trans fat: 0.0g
- Carbohydrates: 43.3g
- Sugar: 2.5g
- Sodium: 285mg
- Fiber: 10.5g
- Protein: 48.8g
- Cholesterol: 98mg
- 8 oz whole wheat fettuccine, or pasta of choice
- 1 roma tomato, diced
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- ½ tsp. dried cilantro
- ½ tsp. dried basil
- ½ tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 avocado, peeled and pitted
- Juice of ½ lime
- ¼ cup plain Greek yogurt
- ¼ tsp. sea salt
- Black pepper, to taste
- ½ tbsp. pesto sauce
- Chopped cilantro, for garnishment
- Cook fettuccine according to the directions on the box/package.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat a nonstick griddle over medium-low heat with the olive oil.
- Rub the seasonings (cilantro, chili powder, & basil) and minced garlic over both sides of the chicken breasts.
- Once the olive oil is heated, add the chicken breast to the pan and allow to cook, turning every 3-4 minutes and cooking through.
- While the chicken is cooking, place all ingredients for the pesto avocado sauce into a mixing bowl and mash with a fork until it reaches a creamy consistency.
- Once the pasta is done, remove from heat and strain. Top with chicken, avocado sauce and chopped tomatoes. Garnish with a dash of basil, crushed red pepper flakes (optional), and freshly chopped cilantro. Enjoy!