French Toast + Cream Cheese + Pancakes = absolute heaven!
French toast and pancakes collide in these delicious Cream Cheese Stuffed French Toast Pancakes! These pancakes are moist, yet fluffy at the same time, with a slightly creamy center. Topped with berries and they are absolutely to die for!
Yes, I just made these and YES they were delicious! I couldn’t decide if I wanted pancakes or french toast this morning, so I made both! Why not? The cream cheese added that final touch of scrumptious perfection. Yes, I like to play with descriptive words.
These are very easy to make and no different than any other pancake!
If you have yet to make these and are a pancake lover (french toast even), then I urge you to try this combo. Absolutely out of this world.
Cream Cheese Stuffed French Toast Pancakes
Author: With Peanut Butter on Top
- Serves: 4 pancakes
- Serving size: 4 pancakes
- Calories: 329
- Fat: 9.2 g
- Saturated fat: 2 g
- Unsaturated fat: 0.0 g
- Trans fat: 0.0 g
- Carbohydrates: 42.7 g
- Sugar: 1 g
- Sodium: 335.6 mg
- Fiber: 7.5 g
- Protein: 19 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
- ½ cup oat flour
- 1 tbsp. Tofutti Cream Cheese
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk, or milk of choice
- 1 egg white
- ½ tsp. ground cinnamon
- sweetener, to taste (I used Stevia)
- 1 tsp. baking powder
French Toast Mix:
- 1 egg white
- 1 tbsp. unsweetened almond milk, or milk of choice
- ½ tsp. ground nutmeg
- ¼ tsp. ground cinnamon
- Preheat your pan/griddle over medium-low heat. Combine all pancake ingredients, except for the cream cheese, into a mixing bowl and stir very well.
- Once your pan is heated, spray it with non-stick cooking spray.
- Using a ¼ cup measuring cup, pour four pancakes onto the pan and allow to cook
- As soon as all four are on, place the cream cheese onto one of the pancakes and flip one pancake on top of it as soon as it starts to bubble.
- Flip the remaining two pancakes when the surface of each starts to bubble as well. Flip the cream cheese pancake after a minute. Cook until each pancake is firm in the middle.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly. Once they are cool enough to the touch, place each pancake into the french toast mix and allow to soak for 10 seconds on each side.
- Return each pancake to the pan long enough to cook the french toast mixture, approximately 1-2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and top with your toppings of choice! I topped mine with blueberries, raspberries, toasted coconut, maple syrup, 1 crushed walnut, and a dollop of Greek yogurt (toppings not calculated into the nutrition breakdown).