Chicken Bacon and Avocado Grilled Cheese – quickly became a favorite in this household! Made with turkey bacon, boiled chicken breast, roasted red pepper, avocado and creamy, melty colby-jack cheese. This is a tasty, hearty sandwich for either lunch or dinner.
I can’t tell you which part about this sandwich that I loved best.
The harvest grain bread – which was happily purchased from my local bakery…
The roasted red pepper – because who doesn’t love adding that to their meals??
– Not sure how to roast a red pepper? Then check out my recent post & start roasting! It’s so quick and simple, you’ll never buy a jar again! How To Roast Red Peppers
Or the turkey bacon – because we all know, whether regular or turkey, that bacon makes not just a meal, but a whole day better. Am I right?
Did I forget to mention the oooey gooey, melted colby-jack cheese? Life is always better when there is cheese and/or bread involved. At least, that’s my motto here on With Peanut Butter on Top.
But I’m sure, if you’ve been a subscriber for awhile, you’re not surprised one bit by this.
Let’s not forget those delicious slices of avocado – the perfect healthy fat addition to any meal. Who else can eat avocado with practically every meal?
Is there a support group for us avocado lovers? Avocaholics Anonymous perhaps??
One thing I will say about this sandwich (aside from it being bomb diggity),…. The next time I make it, I think I will add hummus and sub blue (or bleu for some) cheese!
Let me know if you make any spinoffs of this concoction! I would love to hear your suggestions and feedback!
- Serves: 1 sandwich
- Serving size: 1 sandwich
- Calories: 359
- Fat: 12.2 g
- Saturated fat: 3.1 g
- Unsaturated fat: 0.0 g
- Trans fat: 0.0 g
- Carbohydrates: 32.4 g
- Sugar: 2.1 g
- Sodium: 469.6 mg
- Fiber: 4.9 g
- Protein: 25.7 g
- Cholesterol: 19 mg
- 2 slices (56g) Artisan Made Harvest Grain bread, or your choice
- 1 slice Ultra-Thin Colby-Jack Cheese, or choice
- 1 slice turkey bacon, cooked
- 2 oz chicken breast, cooked
- ¼ red bell pepper, roasted
- ⅛ avocado, sliced
- Place a skillet or griddle over medium heat. Once heated, spray with nonstick cooking spray and place one slice of bread down in the skillet.
- Start by layering the ingredients with first the cheese, then the turkey bacon, roasted red pepper, chicken, and finally, the avocado. Top with the remaining slice of bread.
- Cook on each side 3-4 minutes, or until the cheese has started to melt and the bread is toasted to your liking.
- Carefully flip the sandwich. You may even want to use your spare hand with the spatula to successfully flip the sandwich.
- Cook for an additional 3-4 minutes, or until the cheese has melted.
- Slice and enjoy!
160 cals, 3g fat, 0g sat fat, 0g trans fat, 0mg cholesterol, 260mg sodium, 29g carbs, 3g fiber, 1g sugar, 5g protein