I love avocados. Those three little words seem like the biggest understatement for how I truly feel about this delicious, green, buttery fruit.
I love anything and everything about them. Whether they are baked in cookies or cakes, served with cottage cheese, on a salad, or maybe even in stuffed into a chicken breast? And what’s not to love about them? They are jam packed full of nutrients – mainly healthy monounsaturated fat (healthy fats!) and fiber.
Tonight I decided to stuff chicken breasts (because who doesn’t love stuffed chicken breast??) with an avocado tomato cream sauce. And… it … was… delightful!
Give it a try, avo-fan! And if you’re new to avocados, I bet you’re a fan once you try this dish!
Avocado Cream Stuffed Chicken
Author: With Peanut Butter on Top
- Serves: 4
- Serving size: 1 stuffed chicken breast
- Calories: 247
- Fat: 6.2 g
- Saturated fat: 1.5 g
- Unsaturated fat: 0.0 g
- Trans fat: 0.0 g
- Carbohydrates: 4.7 g
- Sugar: 1 g
- Sodium: 157 mg
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 26.8 g
- Cholesterol: 99 mg
Avocado Cream Sauce:
- ½ avocado
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 scallion, chopped fine
- ½ tbsp. fresh cilantro, chopped
- ½ tsp. minced garlic
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- 2 tbsp. Tofutti Cream Cheese, or cream cheese of choice
- 2 tbsp. 0% plain Greek yogurt, or choice
Chicken & Seasonings:
- (4) 4 oz. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- ½ tsp. ground cumin
- ½ tsp. chili powder
- ½ tsp. cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp. paprika
- ¼ cup No Salt Added diced tomatoes
- 1 tsp. garlic powder, divided 4 ways
- 1 tsp. oregano, divided 4 ways
- 1 tsp. Mrs. Dash Chicken seasoning
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Spray an 8 x 8 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Slice the edges of each chicken breast and fold open.
- In a mixing bowl, combine all seasonings for the chicken and stir well. Rub the seasonings onto the tops of the chicken breasts. In a separate mixing bowl combine all ingredients for the cream sauce. Be sure to mash the avocado thoroughly.
- Divide the cream sauce into the inside of each chicken breast.
- Add 1 tbsp. of tomatoes to the top of each cream sauce, followed by the garlic powder and oregano.
- Fold the chicken breast over and close with a toothpick.
- Season the top with Mrs. Dash Chicken seasoning and place into the oven for 30-40 minutes.Time will be dependent on the thickness of the chicken breast. Watch it at 30 minutes. Remove from oven and enjoy!